ok so i finally got some money togather to spend on theory books or a dvd or vhs or soemthing i just need some suggestions on some good theory books or dvds or vhs' or anything. thanks. oh and one last question, is there a diference in learning theory for guitar and for learning theory for bass???
Theory is the same on every instrument. Music theory is universal. Its usage will be different, but a book really can't teach you that, that's something you have to divulge from your playing & learning.

I dont think theory books help unless you get lessons or atleast have a friend who's ultra superior to you and can answer any questions you may run into. Becuase books, if you dont get it the way they say it, you aint gonna get it by trying to figure it out without someone's help. Lessons are a beautiful thing.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Theory is the same for all instruments. They are applied differently though.

And take some lessons or classes. There are some written lessons on UG that could help. Visit Musician's Talk as well if you have any questions. That's the place for theory questions
Ya, Bass Grimoire has pretty much all that you can want.
of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM kmbuchamushroom to join.

Member #4 of the Truthiness Club, PM Zeppelin08 to defend all things truthiness.
If you really want a good book that not only explains theory (in otehr words, scale diagrams) but other such beauties too, get 'Bass Guitar for Dummies'. 'Nuff said.
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
theres a good chance that your school will offer you a course in music theory. if not, if you have a bass instructor, he should deffinately know his theory, or he shouldnt be teaching you.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
I use a trumbone theroy textbook I got from school. Save clef same idea. I also have a teacher...He helps heaaaaps