Well basically, I've been going over some exercises to try and help me play alot faster, but more often then not, these exercises involve the use of all four fingers, now, this is a big problem for me, as my little finger isn't exactly...well, straight.
Its not that my little finger is weak, its just whiles my fingers are bent (to play guitar) my little finger kinda goes inwards, not out of habbit, just because the finger itself is crooked.

This prevents me from making big stretches which from what I've heard is essential for those who wish to shred (What I'm aiming to achieve).
So here I am, asking the people of ultimate guitar...

Am I doomed? Or are they shredders out there who have the same, or a similar problem to me?

Mine does the same, albeit not quite as extreme, and i can play pretty fast, it's never been an impediment to me. All of my fingers are slightly crooked, as with many other people and it's most noticeable on my index fingers, but i have developed my playing style to work with it.
yeah it is the same with me, i think it happened when i broke that finger because it only does it on one hand
you cant spell manslaughter without laughter

Quote by ACG
I like my women how I like my cookies. Smothered in diarrhea.
only if you think you are im no expert but i once saw a guy play guitar with his fingers cut off at the middle and he was awesome he obviously just learned to adapt.
Quote by codybcool
Mine does the same, albeit not quite as extreme, and i can play pretty fast, it's never been an impediment to me. All of my fingers are slightly crooked, as with many other people and it's most noticeable on my index fingers, but i have developed my playing style to work with it.

But how would I go about developing my style, surely its just a case of whether I can strech that far or not and in this case, I simply can't
Not sure really, i've never really thought about it, i just played and assumed it was normal for most people to have fingers like that, which it is. If you can't make the stretch, you can't make the stretch, end of, unless of course you've got a dodgy technique, in that you're trying to make large stretches while latching your thumb over the top of the neck rather than shifting it toward the back and angling it in the ideal position.

Alternatively try stretching your fingers while you're out and about, just wiggle them around. I do that all the time and find it helps my finger dexterity.
well if it's really bad...I mean like this is an EXTREME option...you could teach your self to play lefty and have that be your picking hand where pinkys are pretty useless unless you go hybrid picking...then its kind of important.

Just keep practicing.

Or another EXTREME method...break your pinky in the opposite direction and when it heals it could be strait. Either are possible solutions but are very dangerous. Especially the second suggestion haha.
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
Since when is it dangerous to play guitar if you're left handed? They're not going to spontaneously combust or anything........Are they?
Quote by codybcool
Since when is it dangerous to play guitar if you're left handed? They're not going to spontaneously combust or anything........Are they?

You never know, once I was beside this left handed guitarist, the guitar exploded, I suffered 3rd degree burns
Quote by Invictious
You never know, once I was beside this left handed guitarist, the guitar exploded, I suffered 3rd degree burns

NO WAI!
Agile Al-3000 prestige, Carvin V3 half stack, Fender 75, Line 6 spider 112, roland microcube, JT serpent, JT Sg Custom, Washburn D-100, PODXTL, Monster Powerconditioner, George L's cords
ALL MY POSTS ARE *MY OPINION* GO HOME TROLLS!
Micheal Schenker is pretty fast and he only uses three fingers.
Django Reinhard only used two or three fingers and was uberfast.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
ever heard of django reindhardt he only had 2 fretting fingers! and he played some realy great stuff, often pretty fast too.
just because you feel it dosnt mean its there
Quote by Invictious

Well I watched my friend play left handed once and HE exploded. It was pretty gross. Especially the viewing before the funeral.
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
my fingers do the same thing, none of them are straight at all...i still manage doing the stretches...its just a matter of practice
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.