When I run my guitar into my rig and use distortion the lower three chords (E A D) sound really chunky and choppy. What swrong? Or is it sopossed to sound like this?
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
You mean don't mute? I don't. I don't drace on my guitars bridge either.

Quote by zekk
When I run my guitar into my rig and use distortion the lower three chords (E A D) sound really chunky and choppy. What swrong? Or is it sopossed to sound like this?

Um you can't really distort chords under truckloads of distortion, except perhaps for maybe maybe a d chord, you can distort powerchords & triads though, they work fine.
Marty
Quote by suicidalmoose
Um you can't really distort chords under truckloads of distortion, except perhaps for maybe maybe a d chord, you can distort powerchords & triads though, they work fine.

I know. I realy use whole chords. If I do there clean or under the barest touch of distortion. I'll record a clip when I get a new cable.

Quote by zekk
I know. I realy usewhole chords. If I do there clean or under the barest touch of distortion. I'll record a clip when I get a new cable.

do you mean you rarely use whole chords, lol i thought this topic was about using chords with distortion!

um well if ure using power chords (which aren't technically chords at all btw) or triads then closer to the nut there'll be a bit more resistance by the strings so you might, if you hadn't been playing to long, find hitting them a bit hard so you mite lose a bit of pressure their. Apart from that you might want more fuzz with your distortion. What amp are you using?

If you're screwin around with some grungy effects, you might need to look around for distortion, cause like a lot of the distortion on the market is either designed for metal or more rock kinda stuff, and grunge is a bit more of a dirty kind of distortion. I've got the Digitech grunge which is OK, like it's pretty knarly, but it's not very versatile.
Marty
Quote by suicidalmoose
do you mean you rarely use whole chords, lol i thought this topic was about using chords with distortion!

um well if ure using power chords (which aren't technically chords at all btw) or triads then closer to the nut there'll be a bit more resistance by the strings so you might, if you hadn't been playing to long, find hitting them a bit hard so you mite lose a bit of pressure their. Apart from that you might want more fuzz with your distortion. What amp are you using?

If you're screwin around with some grungy effects, you might need to look around for distortion, cause like a lot of the distortion on the market is either designed for metal or more rock kinda stuff, and grunge is a bit more of a dirty kind of distortion. I've got the Digitech grunge which is OK, like it's pretty knarly, but it's not very versatile.

My rig is as follows. Note: This is on GuitarRIG 2 on my computer, which is mainly what I use.

Amp: Twang Reverb or Rectifir (on the RIG equivelent of it)

Effects: Varoius digitol distortion pedals, Stoned Reveb.

Guitar: As above.