wich one is the best? because theres four of um. The TS9, TS9DX, TS808, and the TS7. wich one is the best? oh just so you know im buying it for A Vox AC30cc wich i get next month.
well i play alot of variety such as Blink 182, AFI, to U2, Jeff Beck, The Beatles, The Cars................... But what is the diffrence between the TS808 and the TS9
TS9 is a little more of a distortion pedal while the TS808 is a true overdrive. i.e: the TS808 will be a little milder, but very responsive to playing dynamics. It's the pedal SRV used heavily. Also, the TS9 streets for about $90 while the TS808 runs about $180
That's something you'll have to decide for yourself. Test them both out and decide which one you like the best. I personally love the 808 and plan on getting it in the near future. You just never know until you play through them to hear what they sound like. Good luck
Quote by Shotgun1
TS9 is a little more of a distortion pedal while the TS808 is a true overdrive. i.e: the TS808 will be a little milder, but very responsive to playing dynamics. It's the pedal SRV used heavily. Also, the TS9 streets for about $90 while the TS808 runs about $180

yea ^ that haha
Incidentally, the Maxon ones are said to be better than the Ibanez ones.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
It's all opinion, try out all of the Tube Screamer models with an AC30 (nice amp by the way ) and see which one you like most.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
so wait do the maxons sound better then the ibanez? i heard that the maxons have true bypass towards the ibanez don't.
I've heard that the Maxon's are a lot better.

I wouldn't know though, I haven't tried them.

You might want to take a look into them though.
I kiss my Maxon OD-9 every night before I go to bed. So yes I like it very much.

Edit: Maxons have true bypass. They made Ibanez's pedals until 2002. They also took the TS-9/TS-808 and blended them to make the OD 9. Buy it now.
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall
so the od9 has true bypass and its a blend of the ts808 and ts9? if so then whats the od808?
Last edited by Gibson_Rocker at Aug 1, 2006,
i just got my od-9, and its really good, but it makes my tube marshall sound kinda like a solid state, which i dont like. but still, it makes me sound like van halen now with all that gain running through my marshall
JAMONE
The best overdrive ever made is the "Blues Devil" Overdrive..mmmmm.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
hey i did research on ibanez and maxon tubescreamers. well to some it up the ibanez uses a couple diffrent seamingly random chips. only one of those is the same as the old tubescreamers the others dont sound good. now the maxon only uses one chip and that is the right one thats used in the old tubecreamers. so looks like maxon is the way to go