trying to compensate for something with a 15", eh, pink?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?

I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by llanafreak44
but theyre the cheapest in price!

how can you tell the diff between a bass and guitar speaker?

As far as paper cone speakers go I don't think there is any technical difference, but bass speakers are generally larger and have a higher power handleing.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
What's it for? What tone do you want?

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
id go carvin. they use eminesence (sp?) speakers. i found that out when i blew my 18" sub in my stack.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by power freak
What's it for? What tone do you want?

aye. I'd have asked that if I actually knew anything about, ahem, 15 inchers...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm black from the waist down...I can speak from experience about 15"ers...

Quote by llanafreak44
how can you tell the diff between a bass and guitar speaker?

Magnet size and surround size. A speaker that's used for reproducing bass frequencies will use a larger magnet since it takes more power to produce a bass frequency than it does a treble frequency. This is why bass amps are often 4x or more power than guitar amps. Bass speakers also have larger, more durable surrounds because producing bass frequencies makes the speaker physically move more.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Aug 2, 2006,
Quote by Dave_Mc
aye. I'd have asked that if I actually knew anything about, ahem, 15 inchers...

Ahh.... Your secret is safe with us Davey.

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
Quote by Dirk Gently
I'm black from the waist down...I can speak from experience about 15"ers...

*checks title to make sure pink isn't shopping for a new penis*

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
*checks title to make sure pink isn't shopping for a new penis*

I was obviously talking about subwoofers...sheesh! Not everyone's a pervert like you, Dave.
Hi, I'm Peter
^ you have a subwoofer below your waist?

anyway, back on topic. If anyone's gonna answer, lol. Maybe lewis will.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ you have a subwoofer below your waist?

It's a floor mounted subwoofer... Sheesh....

I'll take a stab in the dark and guess a fender style amp given you're looking at jensen? JBLs have been my favourite 15s for ages, quite hifi sounding but still warm in the mids. Weber probably make a clone of one:

www.tedweber.com