Hey this is something I've been working on slowly for a while and recently finished and I'd like to get some varied opinions on it. It's the first song I've actually finished as a whole (minus drums) so go easy

If you use the midi file I should probably warn you that I had to use a distortion guitar as the vocal melody due to the fact I used too many tracks!

Crit for crit, Thanks
Attachments:
Midnight Hour.zip
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

Fuckin' awesome.
マリ「しあわっせはーあるいってこないだーからあるいってゆっくんだねーん 
いっちにっちいっぽみーかでさんぽ
 さーんぽすすんでにっほさっがるー 
じーんせいはっわんつー!ぱんち・・・

"Success is as dangerous as failure. Hope is as hollow as fear." - from Tao Te Ching

This was really awsome. And from the looks of it, I can tell that you put a lot of work into it. The intro just sounded beautiful with the acoustic and fading in strings. The guitar parts were really well done, and the solo too. There was so much in this song that I liked. Also, the verse and instrumental break reminded me of Metallica's Fade to Black, for some reason. The only part I didn't like was the outro, to me it could have been a lot better with a better lead part playing too, just my opinion.

Overall this was freaking great. I loved all the acoustic and string parts. Hope to see some drums added lol.
last.fm | Rush Hour | Dead Format
Quote by HxC73107
pray for plagues or off the heezay by bring me the horizon both great songs specially when ur at a pit at trhe reall show
wow.. Man that was really great! The acoustic guitars, the solo, man! I´m trying to learn the solo now, that was really good! would love to see more stuff from you! How long have you played the guitar?
Quote by grungefan89
Hooker! Could someone please buy this kid a hooker?

Let me know when you can actually fuck a cartoon chick in the beared clam and give me a call. I've forgotten what it feels like to shit my pants.
Thanks a lot for the replies guys, much appreciated I've been playing guitar for just over 2 and a half years
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

I thought it sounded nice, and really gave off an atmosphere, but was really dissapointed by the solos and outro, as well as the instrumental break... really... the instruments didn't do too much... but that has more to do with what I expect when people say "instrumental" and not as much to do with you... good job overall, I think you just need to add some more variety and color to the solos, they are good, but too bland and square for my taste.
The intro was great, nice acoustic with the strings giving it a good atmosphere. I liked the electric guitar coming in, I thought it was very melodic but then we had more of the same acoustic stuff. Change it round a bit because as far as I could tell it was basically the same riffs repeated again and again.

The chorus was great, kind of catchy too. Then the solo after was ok but wasn't particulary great.

The instrumental break at 149 wasn't what I was expecting but still sounded good. The solo sounded too much like going up and down scales, although you did vary it with 16ths, 8ths etc.

I really liked the outro with the acoustic again. It was a much better solo than the last two in my opinion despite being short.

This all sounds very negative but I just wanted to point out what I didn't like more than what I did. I actually loved it. It sounded very epic and had a great atmosphere.
EDIT: Could you check out my latest, Unlucky? It's in my sig
Sorry to randomly bump this thread, but you mentioned this tune somewhere else and I wanted to check it out. The song is simply amazing, I'm a huge fan of these kinds of long, epic sounding tunes and I'm really impressed by this one. The acoustic stuff is done very tastefully and the arrangement couldn't have been better. Seems like it took a long time to finish but the work paid off, you got yourself a great song there. Thumbs up

Check out the song in my sig, I think it's probably the most well arranged song I have, I need some crits on it.
This is perhaps one of the best songs i've ever heard on here. Everything fits together beautifully and the leads are fantastic. Once you add drums to this it will be even better. Thanks fr critting mine as well.
Quote by masterohumans
there is something wrong with you that has nothing to do with that instrument you want to build.
Damn that was ****ing amazing. I loved it that was great
I bow to you. Agian that was great
And God said onto them, "Let there be ROCK!!"
There were a couple of odd notes that were'nt in scale throughout the song. Loved the acoustic riff. Everything else was kinda bland to me though like leo p8 said. Most of the solos were kinda just going up and down scales. It got really repetitive and boring. Try throwing in some experimental stuff here and there.
Gear
MIM Stratocaster w/ Vintage Noiseless Pickups
VOX Valvetronix AD15
BOSS Blues Driver
VOX V847 Wah
Boss RC-2 Loop Station