Okay i think this is the right place to post this, but here it goes...

Right now I have a Valvetronix 50watt (see sig) which i love, but i just ogt a new guitar (see sig) with emg's and when i played it at y music place it did not sound like it does through my amp. I want a CHEAP tube amp (under 1000 easily), it doesnt have to have alot of wattage, just about 30, that works good for Metallica (Kill 'em all - Black Album), System of a Down (Self Title - Steal This Album), Godsmack, Three Days Grace, for the heavy stuff, but can still lighten up on the gain for stuff like Cream, Sabbath, Zeppelin, etc.

Someone reccomended me a Peavey XXX, and another a Peavey ValveKing, my store has neither so i cant play them, but why is there such a price difference???

So if anyone has a suggestion for my perfect amp, post it here.
ESP LTD M-400
VOX AD50VT
BOSS MT-2
VOX Wah

Coming Soon:
Genz-Benz El Diablo 60-C
Last edited by VFrules at Aug 1, 2006,
You want a tube amp for under 100 bucks? Or did i read that wrong.

The valve king is a crappy medium gain low end tube amp.

The XXX is a sweet high gain upper end tube amp.
I have been shopping for one also.
And the words cheap and tube amp don't go in the same sentence together.
My gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard Double Cut
Fender MIM Strat w/ Texas Specials
Marshall JCM 2000 - DSL 401
Fender FM25 DSP
Dunlop Original Cry-Baby
Boss DS-1

Cheap Fender Acoustic
Under 100 what? And in any currency, no fucking chance (unless you get a Epi Valve Jr, but they're not good for metal)

Try messing around with your Vox to get some sounds you like.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
sorry i meant easily under $1000 USD
ESP LTD M-400
VOX AD50VT
BOSS MT-2
VOX Wah

Coming Soon:
Genz-Benz El Diablo 60-C
any decent ones are under $1000...
Originally Posted by Eric 666
if I had sex with my clone...I'd have a big dick in my ass.

Quote by Final !mpact
I mean 'Really Retarded' in the nicest way possible by the way.

Member 37 Of The RHCP fanclub.
Bruce Springsteen Fan?
My Myspace
*BUMP*

Edited 100 to 1000, sorry it was a typo
ESP LTD M-400
VOX AD50VT
BOSS MT-2
VOX Wah

Coming Soon:
Genz-Benz El Diablo 60-C
first off, you did say 1000 if anyone read the first post, and second, you can get a nice traynor tube amp for 600-800 at the most (thats a 50 watt). Hope you find what your looking for.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Quote by justin_fraser
first off, you did say 1000 if anyone read the first post, and second, you can get a nice traynor tube amp for 600-800 at the most (thats a 50 watt). Hope you find what your looking for.

No, it didnt. He edited it.

What kind of sound are you looking for?

Youll want to go used.

Dark tone = 5150 half stack

Bright tone = XXX half stack.

Or for less money, get the combo of eather of them.
To justin: i did edit it.

To Fluffy:

I am looking for a combo, i dont want something too huge. as for the tone it doesnt really matter dark/bright to me, i just want something that gets really heavy high gain, but still has a decent clean. not that i want to imitate the bands i listed, but i like their tone. and if it came down to those 2, it would be by price most likely.
ESP LTD M-400
VOX AD50VT
BOSS MT-2
VOX Wah

Coming Soon:
Genz-Benz El Diablo 60-C
anything????
ESP LTD M-400
VOX AD50VT
BOSS MT-2
VOX Wah

Coming Soon:
Genz-Benz El Diablo 60-C
^ i'm guessing either the xxx or 5150 would be what you want, dependent on tone. You can get both in combo versions, as far as I know.

other ones to look into (bear in mind I haven't tried these) are carvins, and b52's, but some people seem to think they suck. They may be right.

Oh, and see how much you can get a genz benz el-diablo combo for. They're awesome, but you might be doing well to even get it for under a thousand, let alond considerably under $1000...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The usual suspects in the under $1k group tend to be...

B-52 AT100
Peavey XXX
JCM900
Mesa F30/50/.50cal
Carvin V3/Legacy
Laney gh50l

However that Genz-Benz is an interesting option...
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
^ it's fricken' awesome, though the list price is about $1400 (i think), so it depends how much discount you can get.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ive never heard of Genz-Benz, but i like the name el diablo. i looked at it on google and it runs about $1,200. there is just something i like with the peavey's i have played, so it will probably be the XXX or 6505/5150. I hear Great things about Mesa Boogie's, but i looked at the F-30 and there isnt enough customization for my tastes. the marshall is a stack, which i dont want to get into. but i have to look into the other ones.

I want it to get the fullest tone possible out of emg's, give them the tone they have on professional albums. (i dont expect professional) I just want solid tone, high gain with not alot of noise, tone...
ESP LTD M-400
VOX AD50VT
BOSS MT-2
VOX Wah

Coming Soon:
Genz-Benz El Diablo 60-C
^ i think the el-diablo is noticeably better than peaveys, but that's just me. emg's work well with mesas, I always think. They'd work well with the gb too, since it has a similar tone, but it may be over budget...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i will look around on ebay to see what i can find. when i bought my guitar i played it trough a triple rectifier, you have no clue how much i want that amp, but i dont need something that big/loud/expensive. where do they stock Genz-Benz Amps??? id love to play one.
ESP LTD M-400
VOX AD50VT
BOSS MT-2
VOX Wah

Coming Soon:
Genz-Benz El Diablo 60-C
thanks dave_mc now you got me hooked on that diablo, the have em on ebay going for $650 USD with buy it now. too bad im not 100% on funds yet. Im probably gonna get the 60watt Combo, thats all i need.

Do you know where i could hear some samples of that thing???? so i can compare it to the XXX sound samples on Peavey's website.

EDIT: after i get a new amp, i was planning on getting a Fender Stra for my blues stuff, woould the El Diablo be to harsh on cleans for stuff like SRV (tightrope, Cold Shot, not as slow stuff)???
ESP LTD M-400
VOX AD50VT
BOSS MT-2
VOX Wah

Coming Soon:
Genz-Benz El Diablo 60-C
Last edited by VFrules at Aug 1, 2006,
www.genzbenz.com - they should have a dealer list on there.

i think crunchmeister has some clips of his genz benz- pm him, and he can give you the link to his clips.

I'd say the ED should be fine for SRV- not just as good as an amp solely aimed at blues, but very, very good for a high gain amp. Much better than a mesa in the versatility stakes, IMO.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
then it is settled, El Diablo it is. THnak you for your time dave, you have shown me the way...

jk, but no really
ESP LTD M-400
VOX AD50VT
BOSS MT-2
VOX Wah

Coming Soon:
Genz-Benz El Diablo 60-C
^ definitely see if you can get to try it though, just because I like it, you may hate it. And it's best if you can get to try it next to the other high gain amps (like those peaveys) in your price range, though it may not be possible.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
if i can get the sound clips ( I know it willbe very different with my guitar) and compare them, i'll be able to pick out some of the amp characteristics that i like/dislike. but i will definently check everything out before making a purchase
ESP LTD M-400
VOX AD50VT
BOSS MT-2
VOX Wah

Coming Soon:
Genz-Benz El Diablo 60-C
^ sure. Just remember in recordings, there are so many things that are unequal, that it's really hard to tell, sometimes...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?