i was wondering whats better for playing ozzy,led zeppelin,blink182,greenday,avenge sevenfold, Marshall amps or mesa dual recto or whatever the name is.???
kind of 50/50. half those bands use marshall, half use mesa (or similar). make sure you mean all-tube marshall, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Mesa Dual Rectifiers are the worst mesa amps you can buy. NEVER get a rectifier. the clean sucks and the distortion is muddy. Go with a Marshall Plexi or get like a mesa lonestar or even a JCM 800 for hard rock. All those top rectifiers with out a doubt.
Rig: Gibson Les Paul Studio into Ibenez Tubescreamer to Boss DD-20 to a Gibson GA-20RVT runned of an Orange 2x12. Soon getting a Vox AC-15 into an orange 2x12 for the chimy clean.
about half those bands use mesa and the other half marshall and some...both
Break it down and then break it up again
Me and my guitar drowning down and down
Quote by downtime
Mesa Dual Rectifiers are the worst mesa amps you can buy. NEVER get a rectifier. the clean sucks and the distortion is muddy. Go with a Marshall Plexi or get like a mesa lonestar or even a JCM 800 for hard rock. All those top rectifiers with out a doubt.

Did someone cum in your ears or are you just stupid?
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
Quote by V12prowler
Did someone cum in your ears or are you just stupid?

Why couldn't it be both?

Lone Stars are not good hard rock amps. If he wasn't going to get a Recto, he should get a Mark IV or an F50, but the Rectoverb and Tremoverb, which use the single and dual recto construction, respectively, are great amps and not in the least bit muddy if you don't want them to be. I have no experience with the heads/stacks.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by sheumack111
Dude trust me if you dont even know the name of a Mesa dont get it..........

Umm... Why not? Does knowing the name effect the sound he'll get? "A rose by any other name would smell just as sweet." He's a bit of a n00b, obviously, but people have to learn somewhere
Hi, I'm Peter
Personally I'm not a Marshall guy... I own a VS100 half stack right now and its not that bad,,, but I just like the sound of the Mesa Triple (or dual) rectifiers, or the Stiletto sounds good as well.
Made in Detroit
Guitars, Guns, Cars, Beer, and Women... This is what makes real men happy.
Quote by gibsonbrothers
i was wondering whats better for playing ozzy,led zeppelin,blink182,greenday,avenge sevenfold, Marshall amps or mesa dual recto or whatever the name is.???

The closest would be a mark 3 or 4 or w/e the letters are. Dual rectos are at the low end of the mesa line. An F series combo would suit you better.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
Quote by Vomitorator
yeah, go for a recto or mark IV. mesa can do mesa, mesa can do marshall, marshall can do marshall, but marshall cant do mesa.

I disagree, it still sounds like a mesa to me (caveat being that I haven't tried the marks), but I know what you're saying. Mesa will do the mid-gain crunch (albeit still sounding like a mesa to my ears, but that's not necessarily a bad thing) better than a marshall will do the modern high gain thing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^^ Well, also, you can change a lot of Boogies to a full set of EL34s rather than 6L6s, helping you further replicate the Marshall sound. It's also cool because you can do a combo of 6L6s and EL34s.
Hi, I'm Peter
yea
probably marshall, idk much about marshall but i know avenged sevenfold uses bogner uberschall heads, and for their old stuff krank heads.
Stuff:Prs billy martin se, squier strat, peavey valveking 212, boss:mt-2,md-2,sd-1,tr-2,oc-3,Mxrdynacomp,G2.1U multieffects pedal.
my band
www.myspace.com/inyerdreams
Quote by Dirk Gently
^^ Well, also, you can change a lot of Boogies to a full set of EL34s rather than 6L6s, helping you further replicate the Marshall sound. It's also cool because you can do a combo of 6L6s and EL34s.

well i dunno, I tried the roadking with the el34's, and it still sounded like a mesa. I didn't have it cranked though, so that'd have marshall-ified it a bit, but yeah. It sounds like mesa trying to sound like a marshall (much like the stiletto) rather than a marshall. there's still that characteristic "mesa" tone there.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?