Ive been interested in trying to scallop the neck on my old ltd m50 since its just sitting collecting dust, its kinda my experimentation/project guitar. I was just wondering if there were any good threads or posts on how to scallop a guitar neck, and if not what would be the best route to go on that.
I haven't searched for a how-to but I'd assume a drum sander would be part of the equation.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
try a router drill (dremel) or i also heard that you can wrap sandpaper around pencils
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
absinthe5765... thats a really cool guide, i am not even scalloping anything, and i found it interesting. nice find! and i hope that this project goes good. i wanna see a finished project and mabey do one myself!
Quote by absinthe5765
I used a dremel. Its really easy, just follow this guide.

yeah that guide is what i used for mine, its good

but id reccomend the threadstarter to use a file like in the guide and not a dremel or other machine device. its very easy (too easy) to go overboard and just anihilate your neck by scalloping too deep or something. once the wood is gone, it aint comin back you dont want to go too far/deep too quickly