i have an epiphone les paul with emg 81 in the bridge right now but im selling it to a friend. so i was wonder if i should get a jackson dk2m dinky or an ibanez RGR521EX? any help would be much appreciated.
thanks for the help
what style is the ibanez good for? i.e. metal, blues, etc.
Quote by bonebeav
thanks for the help
what style is the ibanez good for? i.e. metal, blues, etc.

nearly everything
the only reason i was looking at the jackson is cuz i want something i can learn to shred better on. ive only been playing two years and i wanna start learning to shred
The ibanez will have a thinner/flatter neck, and mahogony body, also much better fret access with the AANJ.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Get the jackson. Good for shred and it has a scalloped body so its easy to reach the high frets. It also has a floyd rose which you probally want if you want to shred. Dont just get a guitar because it looks cool.

JACKSON

AND YNGWIE UNLEASHES THE FOCKING FURY ON YOU FOR SPELLING HIS NAME WRONG!!!!!!
that ibanez is sick, plus its made with good stuff, and jacksons havent been as good as of late, i think you should get the ibanez and change the pickups to real EMGs
Go get your shovel.
looks dont matter cuz i like the way both look
but if i will put emg's in whichever one i get
also how hard is it to change strings with a floyd rose?
nearly impossible haha expect to spend like an hour or so on your first few string changes.
personally i like the fixed bridge, the whammy bar died in the 80's imo.

check out schecters too, they can get some really good, low, action if set up right. perfect for shredding.
i lost my virginity. can i have yours?

Member #18 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join

One nation, under a fictitious almighty power
if yur gonna get a jackson u should lokk at the rhoads editions. They r nice
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
Quote by guitar_nate
nearly impossible haha expect to spend like an hour or so on your first few string changes.
personally i like the fixed bridge, the whammy bar died in the 80's imo.

check out schecters too, they can get some really good, low, action if set up right. perfect for shredding.

its only hard the first few times, once you get used to it they are easy to change
Go get your shovel.
well i can only spend about $600 so im looking into those two
but if anyone else can show me some good ones for around $600 that would be nice.
Is that Ibanez on the site? I've never seen it before.

I would personally go for the Ibanez. At that price, it seems like a better guitar. I've had a few Ibanez's, and they were all great guitars. I don't see why this would be any different.
That jackson has a ****ty LFR.... Goes out of tune like every dive bomb.

IBANEZ FTW
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
yeah im leaning towards the ibanez with grim reaper. i think of barb-wire tattoos when i see the barb-wire one. and that makes me think of all the rednecks around here who have barb-wire tattooed around their arms
becuase its a limited edition I believe...limited run...

The ibanez wins hands down. I like both inlays. I have a strap with barbed wire on it so maybe that inlay would look cool with my strap.

But I have to say that grim reaper is pretty awesome too. Have fun deciding!
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
Personally I perfer Ibanez Guitars over jackson. Im not really sure why but maybe it's the neck? Maybe it's the feel? I don't know, however I perfer the SZ320 over that Ibanez.. Mainly because the damn thing is just amazing.. I've never tried that Ibanez though, so before I buys the SZ, I think I'll try that one out.

http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?itemid=32335&sourcetype=singleitemsearch
i can also get a brand new gibson explorer with a natural finish from the factory here in nashville for about $600. didnt mention it before cuz i wanted to se what you guys thought of the other two guitar first.
i've played both guitars, and i much prefer the jackson...thinner neck, easier access to upper frets, but i suppose it depends what you're playing. i play a lot of trivium, lamb of god, etc., so if you're into that, give the jackson a try
jackson slsmg soloist
line 6 pod xt live
crate powerblock
2 marshall 4x12's
well if you want a thin neck, ibanez pretty much owns that category..im not in to that whole thin neck deal but if you are then the ibanez is probably for you
Go get your shovel.