I have a fender jag-stang, and well i guess fender decided to put the cheapest humbucker they have in the guitar (although it sounds exactly like kurt cobain) however, i want a deep warm tone, really crunchy though, good for rythem guitar and mostly power chords. Price isn't a big deal. The gear that i have is listed below. (amps etc). I play mostly, punk rock, and a little metal thrown in there.
Last edited by dorfman at Aug 1, 2006,
oh, well when i hear punk and metal i always say EMGs, but whats the pickup configuration on the jagstang
Go get your shovel.
w/ that marshall power isnt yut problem.....try something like a jb '59 from seymout duncan.If u want metal than dimebuckers would be sweet too. They r duncan as well..
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
Quote by dorfman
I have a fender jag-stang, and well i guess fender decided to put the cheapest humbucker they have in the guitar (although it sounds exactly like kurt cobain) however, i want a deep warm tone, really crunchy though, good for rythem guitar and mostly power chords. Price isn't a big deal. The gear that i have is listed below. (amps etc). I play mostly, punk rock, and a little metal thrown in there.

Would this help?
but whats the pickup configuration on the jagstang

I'm not quite sure, its the stock pickups and i haven't done anything to it, however i did get it for a steal at a estate sale. As far as what its got in it. It is Single neck/humbucker at the bridge
Well Kurt himself used a Seymour Duncan sh-4 JB, if I remember correctly. If that helps at all.
Freedom is the freedom to say 2+2=4. If that is granted, all else follows.
i meant are they all single coils, or are they humbuckers, or a mix
Go get your shovel.
ok, then a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge, but i really know nothing about single coils, so i dont know what you should get for the neck
Go get your shovel.
The neck single coil is fine, and i'll probably leave it alone. I just want something that would sound decent for the humbucker, since the Jag-Stang is such a wierd guitar I.E its kinda like the mustang with the toggle switches, that and its made out of basswood.
well then id say either a JB or and Invader for the bridge for punk and metal, both are Duncans
Go get your shovel.