Okay, basically I've been playing guitar since the beginning of March and have been doing pretty well with lessons and the such; I intend to carry on for a long time. I've been playing using an Ibanez starter pack I've been renting, using an Ibanez GIO, which is a great guitar, gets the job done and feels great to play. However, I intend to buy one soon.

I was paging through an Ibanez catalogue and saw the RG350EX, which looks great and, judged on comments, is mainly for hard rock and metal, which I'm going to try and focus on as I gradually get better. So, what I want to know is whether getting one, second hand probably for better prices, is going to be a safe investment to make for someone with my range of experience. I know most people go through a number of guitars, but I'm trying to get something which will last for as long as possible. People have told me to try and get an epiphone, but I don't like the idea of getting something which is basically a good guitar, but with worse workmanship.

To summarise, is getting the RG350EX a good idea for me, or should I try and aim for Epiphones, Squires and the such?
the trem is pure ****, do you NEED a trem?...or do you ujst want one, cause if you dont need a FR style, then the RG321MH would be perfect
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

^Yeah... I don't really think the Edge III is made to last (depending on how you (ab)use it)... the Edge III on an RG370 I have last 6-8 months before I got a flood of problems.

Try either what Brad said, an RG321MH or try a second hand RG1570... there's a few steals on eBay.
Cool, thanks for the advice. I'll look some more into the RG series, particularily the 321MH I guess. The series in general looks pretty good, so I'm happy .
yeah if you need a trem, the 1570 would be your best bet, uber sex with a very good trem, or you could buy an S series guitar, same neck, different body style, made of mahogony, good for metal. The ZR trem on S models is a bearing system as far as i know, and is suppose to last along time, and be really good

my next guitar is an S model of some sort
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut