Yo,

Ive seen that hardly any ESPs have ESP on the headstock they have LTD. Whats up with that? Im not a brand ***** or anything like that its just whats going on?

You have to pay over $2000 to get ESP on the headstock.

Any info would be gurrd.

echElon
Im guessing because ESPs are a higher grade, and LTDs are just more affordable and cheaperly made, in like korea and other foreign places, instead ESPs are made in America.
Dimebag 1966-2004 RIP a true legend

Quote by RingmasterTJ
Dumbest thread ever...when shouldn't you get shit-faced drunk?

Quote by Dirk Gently

When I turn on the TV, I see nothing but black people.[/IMG]

Quote by ckellingc
I jerked off in Wyoming if that counts
12,000 feet ftw!!

Quote by gsr2k6
. Oh, Jesus hates you.
ESPs arent made in america as far as i know, they are made in japan, while LTDs are low end ESPs and are made in korea( i might have my places wrong)
Go get your shovel.
ESP's are made in japan, higher quality, better hardware etc.
LTD's are made in korea, a bit less quality but WAY MORE VALUE

anything 400 or over in the LTD's are amazing value for the price
built like rocks
Spare some change?
is it like Gibson and Epiphone?
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods
^ Yes basically.. LTD is ESP on-a-budget.. but LTD is owned by ESP just like Epi is by Gibson...
is it just me or does anyone else think that ESP's logo is horrible and makes the headstock look not as nice
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods
yea something like that but the epphone are cheaper

My Gear:
Epihone Gothic X-plorer+EMGS 81/60
Jackson WARRIOR JS30+EMGS 81/60(soon will be installed)
Randall G2 series RG75 75watt
Behringer X V-Amp
Yeah, except good LTD models can compete with good Fender, Hamer, Ibanez. You'd have to buy an LTD -50 series to get into Squier quality levels.
They are not really like Epiphone or Gibson. LTD is just basically the manufactured versions of the guitars that are affordable and ESP are high-grade, hand made instruments in their main shop in Japan.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
I figured they were gonna be like everyones said but when I saw they were going up to over $2000 it kinda threw me off a bit.
I might be buying a LTD EC-4OO....
Dimebag 1966-2004 RIP a true legend

Quote by RingmasterTJ
Dumbest thread ever...when shouldn't you get shit-faced drunk?

Quote by Dirk Gently

When I turn on the TV, I see nothing but black people.[/IMG]

Quote by ckellingc
I jerked off in Wyoming if that counts
12,000 feet ftw!!

Quote by gsr2k6
. Oh, Jesus hates you.
Any LTD that's a -400 series or higher is a good guitar. I'm considering a Viper 400 myself. Great guitars for the money.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
I've got an EC400AT goldtop being shipped to me right now... I'm ****in amped!
i have the EC-1000 deluxe.... it's a kick ass guitar...

my opinion : LTD EC-1000 DELUXE > Gibson Les PAuls
I just got back from sounds of the underground, and many of the bands played LTD guitars. And they kicked ass. Even In flames used the EX-400 ? (explorer metal grille esque) and it sounded really good. Though the majority of the bands were using mesas , they still sounded great and played great through em. Black Dahlia Murder used an esp w/ a maple neck that sounded godly for solos. Like chuck schuldiner's tone.
Im thinking of getting a low range LTD, would it be a good choice?
Not at all, low range is made out of Agathis, which is next after plywood. Get anything above the 400 series or 400 itself then you're safe.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
As far as i know its like squier to fender, and epiphone to gibson. LTD is a more affordable make of ESP.
Nearly every guitar in my budget is made out of Agathis
Last edited by Echelon at Aug 2, 2006,
ESPs are handcrafted in Japan for quality.

LTDs are machine produced in Korea for numbers, and licensed/owned by ESP.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

yeah, ESPs are made in japan, with high quality material. LTD is made in korea, with less quality materials, but still not all bad.

I got an Esp Ltd M-207, but they were discontinued in 2002, when they were still made of basswood. Now 200 series are made out of agathis...i guess i got lucky.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build