I thought the song "Roll On" was really good.

The CDs after that one didn't grab me as much, but there's still a few good tracks on every CD.
They're one of the few bands in the longest time that has made me sit up and take notice.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
Quote by johnnynemo
I thought the song "Roll On" was really good.

The CDs after that one didn't grab me as much, but there's still a few good tracks on every CD.
They're one of the few bands in the longest time that has made me sit up and take notice.

I know!

I've gotten into them even more lately. Partially because I'm a sucker for the "billy" genres (although they aren't the billiest band around) and partially because they just rock.

They still couldn't get me anywhere near the Warped Tour though.
mate dont get me started on those guys. i used to love them, they were probably the first proper band i got into, i wuold have been about 7 or 8 years old when i first got into em. i saw em about 3 years ago, n they were great live, but im so disapointed at what they are now. it seems like now they've just totally given up and tried to get a slice of that ****ty latest mod revival tryin to catch on with the killers n all those kinda bands. i have to say, they have a few good songs on their new album, but alot of it isnt up to par if you ask me.
are there any horse socks? is anyone listening to me?
Quote by Cub
mate dont get me started on those guys. i used to love them, they were probably the first proper band i got into, i wuold have been about 7 or 8 years old when i first got into em. i saw em about 3 years ago, n they were great live, but im so disapointed at what they are now. it seems like now they've just totally given up and tried to get a slice of that ****ty latest mod revival tryin to catch on with the killers n all those kinda bands. i have to say, they have a few good songs on their new album, but alot of it isnt up to par if you ask me.

All of that is so true... They've been going on a decline since they started in my opinion, not that their music is bad now it's just not what it used to be.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
I also hate their newer stuff. I haven't heard much of their stuff, but the older stuff is awesome.

From what I've heard, they don't have that much of a rockabilly influence, and I don't see that much of a connection between stuff like west end riot and hardcore punk. Yet people call them "punkabilly"
I think the 'billy' bit comes from the bass and the gretsch, not the sound.

Although they did have a great sound.

Now I want to go out and buy one of their albums, but I don't have any money.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
I have four of their albums and they have definitely gotten worse, it's still much better then most mainstream music you hear in Australia but it's definitely been getting worse.

Not bad enough that I won't go to their concert in October....
Yeah they got worse over the years roll on was a fairly good album, Astroia Parinoa is a good song or how ever you spell it
How strange is it to be anything at all
Their alright. Undeniably talented. Some of their songs are good. This should be in the pop-punk forums.
Quote by dwnsjane
Their alright. Undeniably talented. Some of their songs are good. This should be in the pop-punk forums.

I agree with both
How strange is it to be anything at all
i agree to an extent that they have changed since they did hellbound/its for your own good, but i still think they are one of the most talented group of musicians you'll find. just see them live and you'll see what i mean! i own all their cds, seen them 3 times live and i still think that while they've mellowed (come on, they aren't 18 anymore they can change) they still blow me away!!
I'm so sorry, excuse me for living,
I didn't know, didn't know your a psycho!
-Carolines Spine "Psycho"
they are undeniably punk. Not pop punk.
*edit* Nevermind, I just looked at your profile, and you're only 11 years old.