My cable just went on me about 10 mins ago, i tried to fix it, when i move the cable around i can hear it being dragged through the amp. Any suggestions? If i were going to get another cable, i think planet waves are the way to go. I hear Monster Cables aren't as good as they say.
FlickR
iBanez Rg550 20th Anniversary.
iBanez GRG170DX W/ Dimarzio Steve's Special
VTM 60 Tube Head
Carvin Legacy Vai Cabinet 4x12 Cabinet
Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
ZW-44 Overdrive
Zakk Wylde Signiture Wah
Last edited by LethalAe86TypeR at Aug 1, 2006,
get a new one. its easier

and no monster cable!!!!!!!!!!
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
To be honest, I've bought evry kind of cable under the sun and they all break sooner or later. Venom leads have a 10 year guarantee, mine lasted 2 weeks, I took it back to the shop and got another one, that broke, I went back and got another one... this happened about 4 times. I decided not to waste my time with fancy leads because they WILL break. I find cheaper leads last just as long as 'special' leads.
Zed: Bring out the Gimp.
Maynard: But the Gimp's sleeping.
Zed: Well, I guess you better go and wake him up then...
People dont take cables seriously enough I think, espescially since they are the lifeline of great tone.

But just by a new cable
Anyone recmmoned a brand?
FlickR
VTM 60 Tube Head
ZW-44 Overdrive
Zakk Wylde Signiture Wah
i use hosa cables. brands arent much of a big deal. something that is sturdy, and is above 3 bucks and under 20 (for a decent length cable)
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
I pay between $16 and $20 fo ra 20 foot cable at one local store, Horizon cables. Cable sseem to last for a good long while, sound good, and this particular store lets you return any cable that stops working and they replace it for free, no questions asked, no receipt needed or anything. They test it, if it doesn't work, they chuck it and tell you to get a new one off of the wall. Pretty sweet deal, I've gone through three guitar cords in the last few years, but have only bought one. One mic cable (horizon) went bad, replaced in a jiffy. I don't buy cables any other place.
Ive been using Rapcos, and they seem to be great.

I also have a Monster Rock Gold cable. It sounds great.
i guess ill just go with Planet Waves, with that handy circuit breaker.
FlickR
VTM 60 Tube Head
ZW-44 Overdrive
Zakk Wylde Signiture Wah
yeah anything above the 'dirt cheap' range will do fine. Cables dont make that huge of a tonal difference anywyas...
I need a cable that last long, but my friend jsut told me they dont last long.
FlickR
VTM 60 Tube Head
ZW-44 Overdrive
Zakk Wylde Signiture Wah
i just go with monsters

sure, they're reeeally expensive, but if they break, you always have the lifetime guarrantee
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
^ cables? they do if youre good to them. I have an original chord from the mid-seventies...its one of those coiled ones that are only like 5 feet long...and then as you pull on it it stretches to like 20 feet. Its hella cool, and it sounds brand new. Very Retro.
^^ what brand? i know fender makes one like that
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
haha tight...i wish my parents were musicians...too bad they were just geeks in the 70's
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
I use monster and/or fender cables, ive never had a cable break, either im insanely lucky or all you people that complain about cables going bad after 4 weeks are seriously abusing them, im leaning towards the latter. But yeah monster cables are fine ive never had a problem with them and they have a lifetime garuntee so you can get them replaced for free.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
yeah, i take really good care of my cables

my sister's boyfriend took recording in college so he showed me how to wrap studio cables and i do that very carefully and put them in a shopping bag [from skip's music =D] and just be really careful with them...
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
How do you wrap cables the right way? I didnt really take time, to learn how. Sounds stupid, but hell how do you do it?
FlickR
VTM 60 Tube Head
ZW-44 Overdrive
Zakk Wylde Signiture Wah
meh it's hard to explain...i'd have to show you, but when you're done you should be able to throw it while holding onto one end and it will completely unravel
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
so does every industrial company...welcome to the american way =D
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Quote by kurdtkobaign
yeah anything above the 'dirt cheap' range will do fine. Cables dont make that huge of a tonal difference anywyas...

Cables are litterally the lifeline of good tone, how would they not affect your tone? People have told me that a good cable can affect your tone nearly as much as an amp.
^cables are no more important than your guitar, your amp, your pick, your technique, the shielding and the RFI of the things in the room you are playing, and your sound system. If any o fthose are bad, your sound will suffer, and most of those will affect your sound WAY more than a cable.

http://techno-fandom.org/~hobbit/flipcoil/howto.html

There was a video I had at one point showing how to wrap cables. i lost it. I could make one, but my brother broke our family's nice video camera. Plus, my computer blew up and I'm still trying to fix it, and it's what I edit on. You can wrap them the way shown on that site, or without flipping the cable oddly the second wrap, i like the over-under technique, it makes cables coil less, esepcially ones covered in fabric. If anyone here wants, googl esomething like "controlbooth.com video cable wrapping" and you might be able to find it....I know the link is on controlbooth.com somewhere.
my dad complained to guitar center today that my crappy $5 cable was defective and they gave me a free 18.5 foot cable that is usally $50
Originally Posted by acousticpyro23
Bitch get off my nuts.

Originally Posted by Vigilantius
I asked my mom for a cell phone once, and she said I don't have any friends anyways.
Last edited by 86th fret at Aug 1, 2006,
damn...that's pretty tight...the glories of yelling =D

once i took back a livewire cable that was broken and the warranty didn't cover it...so guitar center gave me a new cable for like 3 bucks
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Quote by cubedeathk
Cables are litterally the lifeline of good tone, how would they not affect your tone? People have told me that a good cable can affect your tone nearly as much as an amp.

Dont rely on what people tell you. Yes theres a difference between a standard $6-$15 cable and a custom made $150 one...but when youre in the "normal" range of cables theyre all pretty much the same.
MOGAMI!!! I love mogami, i get such a clear sound with them. It reduced half of my feedback if not more when i stopped using Ernie Ball and used Mogami.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Mogami or Planet Waves. Other good cable brands don't seem too accessible to the public, unless you order online.
Pro Co cables work well for me. My monster cable isn't that great, it's starting to go. I've had it ~2 months. Try the DynaMike cables by Pro Co. Very stiff, durable.. feels like it's built to last, great reviews on MF.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language