Hiya well I am very new at this guitar stuff don?t know much about them! But when I play a chord over and over the top string vibrates LOADS causing the chords to sound wired, and when I change chords you can not hear the change of the chord coz the top string and sometimes the A string are still vibrating away! I was thinking maybe its coz I play the strings to hard?
How do I stop this happening? Does this happen to anyone else?

Also i change the E and The A string to some brand new ones and coz I did it my self were it is tied round is not very good!! It still goes through the little hole! Does this have an affect?? Look!! hehe

PLZ help me thanx all!!!
x x x Jess
Sorry For Spelling Errors
Last edited by Jmagge at Aug 1, 2006,
No one is going to reply to this are they umm i will just have to wait and see!! PLz Thanx
the picture doesnt work

also you didnt give enough details. is your amp turned on? jesus man.
Yeah that doesn't make sense....

It could be fret buzz, or it could be you aren't fretting all that well. Also, you have to mute the strings or they will as you say "keep vibratin' away." Use you're left or right hand to mute strings that aren't used in the chord. Also, you're pictures don't work.
I have got the pics workin but they are a bit too big an there a bit blurry but do u get the idea!!
i dont mean idea, i mean like the gist!! anyways

"Also i change the E and The A string to some brand new ones and coz I did it my self were it is tied round is not very good!! It still goes through the little hole! Does this have an affect?? Look!! hehe"

thats what i said!! do u get the gist!
ok first off this is how i change a string..
http://www.elixirstrings.com/products/howtostring_electricstandard.html

second, what type of guitar. where is the buzz?
is the string rubbing on the fret? if so what fret?

answer as much as u can
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
why dont you cut the strings when they are on, maybe they are getting stuck under string and muting the string or causing buzz
Go get your shovel.
if i cut the end the sting will unrap its self!!
I am starting this post again so people know what im talking about!!
your strings are not tight enough to ring out correctly.

u need to look at my above post, click the link and follow the step by step on how to string a guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011