I have a toneport Ux2 and its a great product but the line in gives it a very unacoustic sound to my dean acoustic guitar. I need a cheap mic that can give the unplugged acoustic sound that I need. I was looking into the MXL 900 and it looks pretty good but I want a second opinion and any recomendations on any other mics, or maybe even sound clips of their acoustic recordings with an MXL 900.
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

i did but I dont see the point of buying both if I really only need one
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
i did but I dont see the point of buying both if I really only need one

Read it and see what I said about recording an acoustic.... If you read it slow enough... you'll catch it.
i think the Ux2 already has a mic preamp, does it not? if it has a preamp already, then there isnt as much point in getting the package with the special because you already have a preamp. BUT the two mics on acoustic will get you a much better sound than just the one mic, so i would get the two of them anyway and a free preamp never hurt anyone. all i know is that ill be ordering that later in the week (so it doesnt get there while im out of state).
Check out this thread where I used the 990 and 991 on the acoustic (no effects and with the cheapo pre) and I used the 990 alone for the vox (again with the cheapo pre, but I did throw some effects on them).

There's one small bit of electric guitar in it, but its small and wasn't recorded using the mic's.

At least you can get a feel for what the mic's can sound like.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=406545
yeah that seems like a great deal to me.. i would snap it up if i didn't already have a recording setup.

Two mics is great for recording unplugged, and if you combine that with a preamp your pretty much set up.

htpp://www.olivergoldingmusic.com