which has more notes whats the difference? am i better off learning all the pentatonic modes?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
The extended pentatonic has the same notes as a pentatonic, its just well, extended.

(If I'm not mistaken)
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
but in all of the modes for the pentatonic scale its clear there are more than in the extended pentatonic? Could some one clear this up for me?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
Alright I officially have no idea what you're talking about. Sorry
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
from my limited understanding of theory as i stand right now...
i believe the extended pentatonic is the exact same as the pentatonic, but its spread out along the fretboard, using parts of several different fingerings... basically you take the 5 pentatonic fingerings and just instead of skipping a string, you go up to the same note on your current string, and continue from there with whatever finger positions were supposed to be at that part, in whatever key you're playing in.

but of course, this is just how i understand it...
still workin on learning all of this theory stuff..
For instance:

The A minor pentatonic scale will have the same notes no matter where you play it. so instead of staying in a box, you reach out and play all over the fretboard. the notes, however, do not change.
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns