Anyone know of a book for ABSOLUTE beginners of metal, that will teach me all the tools to get started on metal? i already have the metal lesson tab, but i would like a book. thanx guys.

Stuff like Metallica, Pantera, mainly 80's metal, but i like The Sword, Black Label Society, but NO SHREDDING!
how far are you in with learning?

learn the basics before you start gettin bogged down in all this genre crap.
Powerchords. Palm muting. Pentatonic scales.

Those are the basics of metal, google them.
#2 Member of Fender Whore Club
Rig:
MIK Fender Strat
Traynor 40WR
EH Big Muff
Boss Blues Driver 2
Boss Phase Switcher 3
Quote by Stop Messin'
OHHHHHHHHHH man LMAO now that's what i call getting pwned.

Nice work Fender, seriously.
Quote by FenderWh0re
Powerchords. Palm muting. Pentatonic scales.

Those are the basics of metal, google them.

-_- I cant palm mute the strings with my strumming hand, i dont know why, i just cant... i can do it with my fretting hand,but i cant go quick..
yeah hes right

just check them out. theyre pretty much all you need for your my chem romance aswell =]
palm muttings hard to start but once you get used to it youll love it makes great crunch sounds great for metal, you definatly need to master it
My Gear:
Schecter Omen 6
Crate FXT120 (i think it kicks ass personally)
Core X2 Cables
DR String (heavy)
Clayton bass picks
DOD Death Metal Distortion

Official Member Of the I <3 Schecter's Club, PM Schecter-06 to join
Quote by andyroo_g
yeah hes right

just check them out. theyre pretty much all you need for your my chem romance aswell =]

oh i got over that wall, i just cannot palm mute! and i cant write songs -_-
Practice. Those books don't tell you anything you can't ask about here. Waste of money in my opinion.

Edit: and MCR has some technical guitar solos and riffs, so you'll need more then just palm muted downstrokes.
Quote by Arlabester
oh i got over that wall, i just cannot palm mute! and i cant write songs -_-

are you close enough to the bridge? for ages when i started i was like above the neck pickup which completely muted the strings.

also writing songs will come with practise. just keep learning =]
We have some lessons right here on UG
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
Quote by andyroo_g
are you close enough to the bridge? for ages when i started i was like above the neck pickup which completely muted the strings.

also writing songs will come with practise. just keep learning =]

i press too hard, it completely mutes it, i dont like metal vocals, just to tell you all, i just like the guitars...
Quote by Evian
Practice. Those books don't tell you anything you can't ask about here. Waste of money in my opinion.

Edit: and MCR has some technical guitar solos and riffs, so you'll need more then just palm muted downstrokes.

as in mutha ****in thank you for the venom, which i just cannot play -_- (fast enough)

sorry for the double post, but what i mean is like, i cant get the "vibe" when i write things... i cant make it sound like that genre
if you know what the problem is, why dont you sort it?

haha sorry to sound rude but its fair.
yeah but that will come with practise.

if you want to write metal songs, keep learning and practising metal. when you know the genre better youll feel it more.
yeah

ya see the more understanding of the genre you have, the easier itll be to write.

the more you learn and practise the genre, the more understanding you have. geddit?