I have a stage 160 fender and i run a podxt throught it. It runs well but it also sounds a little muddy and slightly piercing and dry. I want an amp that will get good warmth but also display more of the pod's power and tone than the acutally amps
Someone else asked the same thing a few days ago, so I just cut and pasted the same thing I told him:

I think your best bet is to go with either a flat-response amp like a poweramp or keyboard amp, or a really clean-sounding guitar amp with lots of headroom, like most Fender's or old Sunn's or Ampeg's. I have an old Ampeg VT-22 which just makes all the amp-models in my PODXTL sound killer. VT-22's are old tube amps from the 70's that are loud as hell and have extremely flexible EQ sections. The early-seventies models have no built-in distortion and a ton of clean headroom, with that amp you can play loud as hell and the tubes really warm up the sound of the PODXTL. You could probably find one on Ebay for around $400.

If you don't want to go with tubes then I think you should go try out a keyboard amp like a Roland KC-350. Those amps don't color the sound at all and let the sound of the modeler come through. Check out this site for lots of good info about using a modeler:

http://www.thestompbox.net/ViewArti...px?ArticleID=10

It also has a review of the KC-350:

http://www.thestompbox.net/ViewArticle.aspx?ArticleID=9

What I would NOT do is try to run your PODXTL straight into the front of a conventional distorted guitar amp. If you do want to use the amp-models of your PODXTL through an amp like that, go in through the FX-loop-in so that you bypass the amp's preamp section.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
fatgraymatt 12 valves.. =) great amp you have. josh homme from qotsa uses one of these on stage...
Quote by narwhal
fatgraymatt 12 valves.. =) great amp you have. josh homme from qotsa uses one of these on stage...

Thanks. Yea, Josh uses one and Godspeed You Black Emperor, and back in the day they were used by the Rolling Stones and the Misfits. I love those amps and they can be had for such a steal on Ebay usually.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.