Some songs im looking at have different tunings....i could tune them but to me thats such a waste of my precious time....cant you use a capo on certain tunings? for instance if i had standard tuning and put the capo on the 2nd fret that would change the tuning to what kind? also if this is true could u tell me some other tunings using the capo.....thank you
It would, but most songs tune down. Throwing a capo on fret 2, most people would just say "capo 2" instead of tuning every string up, so it wouldn't work. Nice try though, I know different tunings are a pain in the ass.
usually, songs that require a different tuning are lower than the normal one, so you can't use a capo, a capo would be like tuning it half a note up every fret
Quote by Oneordinarylife
It would, but most songs tune down. Throwing a capo on fret 2, most people would just say "capo 2" instead of tuning every string up, so it wouldn't work. Nice try though, I know different tunings are a pain in the ass.

AHHHHH i understand now....im an idiot. that makes sense capos make the tuning go up not down
The capo really just takes whatever tuning your using and puts it in a different key. If you want an actual different tuning, just tune with an electronic tuner, it ain't that hard.
"Isn't it amazing anything's accomplished
When the little sensation gets in your way
Not one ambition whisperin' over your shoulder
Isn't it amazing you can do anything " - Gord Downie

From the song " Fireworks"
the only song i can think of that has guitars tuned up by any significant ammount is 'like a stone' by audioslave. most people just use a capo, but for that morello used really light strings and tuned up. but pretty much anything else in an alternate tuning involves changing some of the strings or tuning down.
I play a whole step down and use capo if i need to do standard.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!