ive been playing guitar for about three years and am now looking to get a decent guitar to have for a while. my price range is 800-1300$. i play a lot of queen and led zeppelin, i also play a lot of blues and jazzy type music, and i also experiement with hard rock/ metal riffs so it needs to be able to handle some distortion and be be versitile (sp) . i currently have the vox 50 watt valvetronix amp so im set on the amp and all i need is a new guitar. what are your guys suggestions?
ya dude i would definetly check out one of those ibanez's. my friends got one and he loves it
I don't have a sig. Or an avatar.
dude if your playing bluesy jazzy **** i dont think ibanez would do the job.go for an american strat/tele with a humbucker or a gibson sg
Quote by ihatemetal
Fallout boy with Tom Delonge on vocals would be the ultimate supergroup

you my friend, are an idiot
taking into account the guitars the people in the bands you like play, to sound like them a Les Paul (Gibson LP studios, and epi elites are good) would be the best choice
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
or a les paul. I know everyone's got one and if you want to be "cool" and stand out from the crowd that you don't get a LP but nonetheless it's works for everything you've described and you can get a decent Gibson or nice epi for your price range
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
Do black people attract more dust too?
Quote by Ranger01
taking into account the guitars the people in the bands you like play, to sound like them a Les Paul (studios are fine guitars) would be the best

beat me to it
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
Do black people attract more dust too?
I would go for the best Strat. Eric johnson plays everything from blues to jazz and all inbetween and mostly on a strat.
Strats are good I Own 2 myself, and I know Jimmy Page used Teles for a few things.
But for what he wants to play a Les Paul would be the best, because they can get the full mellow tone that is required for playing Zep, Blues, Jazz, and music requireing a bit of high gain (ie Queen, and the like). an SG would also work, but HH strats, and Ibanez (stra style) guitars bodies are too thin and are made mostly out of bright sounding wood, and its harder (but not impossible) to get a Zep/ Queen style tone out of them.
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
Save yourself some money.

Agile AL-3000 Prestige.

http://www.rondomusic.net
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five
Agiles are great guitars (compaired to what else is out there), but if he can afford to buy a guitar that will last him the rest of his life why not buy one, instead of a guitar that he will end up replacing in a few years.
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
Last edited by Ranger01 at Aug 1, 2006,
Over $1000:

Gibson LEs Paul STudio

Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Custom

Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Standard Plus

Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster

Under $1000:

Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany Les Paul

Wildcard:

Fender Toronado GT (double humbucker)

For the sound you're looking for, I think a double humbucking, solid mahogany bodied guitar is the way to go. Of course, the American Strat is in there because it can emulate most of the sounds you'll need, though I wouldn't choose it. The Toronado just looks and sounds cool . With the money you would save getting the Toronado you can buy some excellent pickups for it and have them professionally installed, buy a nice case, and still have money left over. May not be your cup of tea though. Try it out at guitar center or something.

I would pick one of the elitist les pauls if it were my choice.
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83
The Tornado would not be a good choice, from what ive seen they are not very well made, and the wood is not that good.
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
thanks for the opinions guys, i think im going to head to guitar center and try out some les pauls and see if they have the sound im looking for, ive also heard a couple of my friends say i should check out some the korean made prs for around 500 to 1000 dollars but i dont know to much about them, have any of you heard of these prs's? and if i try out some lespauls are there any models i should stay away from?
the low end PRS guitars arent bad, try them out and see if you like them are not. I also reccomend you try out some SGs and Teles. As for models you should stay away from, id stay away from cheaper gibsons, esp if you are getting them from guitar center, because guitar center gets the worst of the sorst from gibson.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
the low end PRS guitars arent bad, try them out and see if you like them are not. I also reccomend you try out some SGs and Teles. As for models you should stay away from, id stay away from cheaper gibsons, esp if you are getting them from guitar center, because guitar center gets the worst of the sorst from gibson.

I got my Faded Gibson SG Special from Guitar Center. It plays like butter and sounds awesome.

And I don't know what Toronados you've played Ranger, but the one I tried was SWEET. Admittedly it wasn't the same model as the one I posted.
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83