Okay, Ive had a crap B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock for about a year and i decided its time to get a better quality guitar. I like to play metal songs, So I need something that can handle low tunings. I also want a set neck. $500 is pretty much my limit. I also love crazy shapes like Flying V, Explorer, and ML's. Any suggestions? Thanks
bLaCkSkaLl

My Gear
Dean From Hell
Marshall G50R CD
Ibanez: Tubescreamer,
,Flanger/Chorus,
Delay/Echo
Korg CA-30 Tuner
i would get a jackson, personally id buy a cheap warrior jackson, but they also make some pretty nice flying V's. or you could go for an ibanez
Go with ESP...I won't choose any other guitars...this is my brand because they make amazing instruments.
I used to have an EX-50 and it was pretty good for a cheap guitar...I would deffinetly reccomend and EX series guitar.
Quote by TheKRGuitarist
Go with ESP...I won't choose any other guitars...this is my brand because they make amazing instruments.
I used to have an EX-50 and it was pretty good for a cheap guitar...I would deffinetly reccomend and EX series guitar.

He wont be able to get an ESP with just 500 dollars.

You could go for an LTD. That would probably be your best choice. In second, prob a Jackson or an Ibanez
Quote by pierce34celtic
^ Have to disagree there, the Warrior, although it looks pretty cool has a licensed trem, duncan designed, a Schecter Jolly Roger comes with EMG's and is string thru so you'd be able to change tunings a lot easier.

youre definately right, my ibanez is a pain in the ass when it comes to changing strings.

i dont think jackson makes alot of guitars with fixed bridges, but ibanez does make a few
Last edited by RGT_HRG1 at Aug 1, 2006,
Quote by pierce34celtic
^ Have to disagree there, the Warrior, although it looks pretty cool has a licensed trem, duncan designed, a Schecter Jolly Roger comes with EMG's and is string thru so you'd be able to change tunings a lot easier.

yeah, but he has a pretty shitty amp, so the EMGs will sound like crap.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Quote by pierce34celtic
Most jacksons in that price range are either: Equipped with low quality trems, bolt-on necks, and bad pickups.

With Ibanez, the RG321MH with a pup change would be great, also check out the SZ series, possibly with a pup change as well.

i looked up that guitar u were talking about b4, the schecter. on musicians friend its $499, but the list price is $1000, if he doesnt buy it online he has to pay double what he has to spend
Quote by pierce34celtic
^No, those are just the listing prices, if you go to Guitar Center or SamAsh the prices are pretty much all around the same area as Musiciansfriend, Music123 or ZZsounds.

never heard of those companies. are they only in the states?
yeah but the price the guitar sells for isnt gonna be half the price of the listing.
^ True, but if you take a look at pretty much all the Schecter's in the C-1 Series, they all sell for around 500-600 dollars even though their list prices are between 900-1000 dollars. The Hellraiser (basically the same thing as the jolly roger) is listed at $949 although it sells at $650. Most guitars are easily 200-300 dollars less than the list price.
yeah, i really want a c-7 hellraiser, ive been wanting a seven string for a while, but i always thought it was around $800
Get an epiphone les paul standard.

My Gear: Epiphone lest paul standard
Boss distortion pedal
Fender champ 15w