So i have been recently asked to be in the school Jazz band, but for this to happen, I need to start listening to some Jazz music..and Jazz guitar. So could you guys help me with this, you know, hook me up with some Jazz Bands and guitarists.
Thanks.
Green Tinted Sixties Mind
I was in Jazz band, it's awesome. You can try Count Basie, Duke Ellington, Louis Armstrong, and many others that I can't remember right now because I was in Jazz Band three years ago. Also those three aren't Jazz Guitarists, but still great Jazz anyway.
Im not in Jazz Band, because my school doesnt have one, but Im a jazz guitarist, here are some greats.
Wes Montgomery
Joe Pass
John Scofield
Gerge Benson
Cant really think of anymore guitarists
John Coltrane
Miles Davis
Thelonius Monk
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Last edited by The Master Plan at Aug 1, 2006,
More help.... It's John SCOfield. Not Scottfield. Thought I'd make sure you have all access to these guys as possible.

There's also Pat Metheny and Mike Stern. All the other good ones I can think of were already mentioned by The Master Plan.

And make SURE you listen to Coltrane. Get your hands on the album "A Love Supreme." Some of the best jazz I've ever heard. His sax playing is so inspiring that guitarists will be pumped from his playing.