I was just checking out the Vox Valvetronix AD50VT... and I was wondering if it's loud enough to get over the drums without going over volume 5 or 6. I'm not one to be basing my amp purchases solely on wattage, it's just that 50 watts seems like it's kinda pushin it, even for a hybrid... what do you guys think?
it will be fine. a 15 watt amp with an 8 inch speaker can get over drums for a start. even so, why not take the volume over 5 or 6? its not going to damage it seen as its made to be played at 10.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
I doubt it man.

I had a Marshall MG15, and Marshall are pretty loud amps. And I had to turn it up to about 7 to get over drums and bass.

But If I were you. I would buy a really cheap amp, and then save up for a cellestion speaker to put in it around 101 Sound range. It would kick out more sound than you could handle. lol
ESP LTD Viper-50
Dean AK48
Marshall MG-15
Peavey Sheffield 4x12
Peavey Transtube Supreme Head
Zoom 505 II
Quote by ArcherTheVMan
it will be fine. a 15 watt amp with an 8 inch speaker can get over drums for a start. even so, why not take the volume over 5 or 6? its not going to damage it seen as its made to be played at 10.

I dont wanna take it over 5 or 6 because 5 is generally the volume at which the amp is performing at it's maximum tonal quality. I've got an 80 watt Peavey Bandit right now, and It gets me to about to the right volume I want to be at to be heard over drums at about 5 (actually it's just a smidgen too loud for the small room I'm usually playing in)

I've played in a band where the other guitarist had a Cube 60, and that was right about at the sweet spot volume I want to be at... It's just that I've heard the Valvetronix are alot better for clean bluesy, and overdriven classic rock tones, where as the Cube's are superior in the area of metal tones.

Anyways, is a 50 watt hybrid like the valvetronix going to end up getting me a volume close enough to that of the cube 60... I just want it loud enough on 5 or 6 so that I can be clearly heard over a set of drums
Yes.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
definetly more than anyne would ever need
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
I got a 100 watt. I only turn it up more than 2/5's of the way if i want to piss off my sister.
www.myspace.com/theflyingelderly
We're Progressive Funk Rock (Frog Rock)

Founding Member of the Vermont Cult
PM Me to join

Quote by magnus_maximus
MAD should do its job and it'll all be hunky-dory.
Yeha I have Th 100w to, The thing about the valvetronix is that Is has a "watt nob" on the back were you can change the out put, I keep mine at 50w, but if I play with others I crank it,
Your best bet with a Valvetronix is maxing out your master volume and using your wattage control as your volume, especially in high-volume situations.
Hi, I'm Peter