The action on my guitar is super high. I think its why I have trouble getting my pull offs to sound good.

My friend told me I should not try to lower the action myself because I could snap the neck in half.

Should I take the guitar (behringer starter guitar) to a shop to have them set it up?

If not, how do I lower it myself?
NO, dont adjust the neck!
just adjust the bridge
adjusting the bridge saddles in no way can damage it
your friend must have thought you were going to adjust the neck
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
when i did that i just lowered my bridge to lower the action, dont adjust the neck
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Tha' Get Away Driva' of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Quote by TheMinors009
Just get a new guitar, no offense but behringer's suck

Of course they suck. But I only have $130 right now.

So i just get the wrench and lower the bridge?

What kind of wrench lowers it. Do i need a special one.
Quote by danzig-_-
the allen key that came with it

Woah are you talking about adjusting the truss rod? Dont mess with that too much unless you know what you are doing. Also thats not going to adjust the action too much, while granted it does affect it some thats really not how your supposed to lower the action.
Well, I lowered it a bit.

Is it supposed to be slanted? The strings are extremely close towards the first fret. and gradually gets farther away.

/noob
Post a pic and more help will come.
I am Puddin' Taine! of the Primus Sucks club. PM StratEnRegalia to join!

Member #1 of the Ipods Suck Balls Club

Member #2 Of the Parker>All Other Brands Club, PM dementedpuppy to Join.
is a pic necessary?

its about 1mm away from first fret and .75cm away from 12.
Yeah thats sounds pretty good. Whats most important though is if its comfortable for you to play.
I am Puddin' Taine! of the Primus Sucks club. PM StratEnRegalia to join!

Member #1 of the Ipods Suck Balls Club

Member #2 Of the Parker>All Other Brands Club, PM dementedpuppy to Join.
I think its good. My pulloffs are still incredibly weak, but Its probably because I suck.
This happens with EVERY beginner guitar especially in europe..

My first really was crap, the action was so high up solo's for me were kinda impossible... the only decent beginner guitars are the fender squiers....which to do this day i still enjoy playing on..

But my advice is, adjust the Bridge...nothing else..........and when your ready buy a decent make guitar...

My guitar is a gibson explorer.....very expensive, but best guitar i've ever owned.