i can't believe this is happening. my friend's parents are having some kind of party with lots of people, and he suggested that we play a gig. now we don't have drums, so its gonna me playin guitar, him on bass, and another one of our friends on rythm guitar, and i'll probally sing. we sorta have a setlist planned out, o yea, its this saturday! we're gonna play pretty basic songs, heres the list.

seven nation army-the white stripes
smoke on the water-deep purple
imrovising
wish you were here-Pink Floyd (maybe)
smells like teen spirit-nirvana (maybe, we need practice here)

any other VERY basic songs that you could recomend
i'm very nervous about this.
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
man, i know, but we just can't get em. are there any backing tracks that just have drums?
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
Smells Like Teen Spirit shouldnt use too much work.. its one of the easier sngs on ur list

play the song behind u and have an EQ board so u can turn everything down but the lo frequencies, so you can get the beat
My Gear:
Carvin DC400C
Schecter Damien Elite 7 string
Boss Metalzone
Laney GH120 Head
Rhino 4x12 Celestion
-OG-UG'ER-
Put this in your sig if you've been a member over half a decade!
get a drum ma hine. or like bootleg FL Studio and make your own drum tracks.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
umm, if smells like teen spirit is hard for you, maybe you shouldn't be gigging just yet. All of those songs are really basic songs that you learn when you are starting out.
BUY SOME PHOTOS..Click here, and then click 'store'

Quote by GOD*OF*ROCK
lol man plz dont take this the wrong way but you really cant rap.
roots bloody roots by Sepultura
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal
I wish a thousand Lex Steele rapes upon you...

Quote by shawnson
Nuthin' like 12,000 inches of negro penis in the bum to set your musical taste right.
Quote by _mr_jack_
roots bloody roots by Sepultura

er, dont you have to drop the tuning on your guitar and start beating your throat up as bad as you can (while singing) to do that song?

i suggest, since you have a bass, "for whom the bell tolls" by metallica. A little bit of lead, but piss easy.
And...
"fortune faded" by red hot chili peppers. That song isn't too challenging to play.
Find a cheap keyboard, they generally have drum tracks built in.
Do Seven Nation Army, Smoke On The Water, and an improved blues. That'd work out.
Quote by Dashboard89
umm, if smells like teen spirit is hard for you, maybe you shouldn't be gigging just yet. All of those songs are really basic songs that you learn when you are starting out.

I agree with him, I don't recommend you gig yet with such a basic knowledge of guitar. Practice for a while longer and learn some more intermediate stuff before goin out there.
Quote by Keef-is-king
Seinfeld: The Video Game

It'd be a game about nothing. But it would be fantastic, better than the Sims by far because there would be more jews.
Just a thought I had. If your freind's parents are throwing a party, who will be there? If older people are there you may not want to play Nirvana and the White stripes as they may not know who they are. Maybe some CCR. Proud Mary isn't difficult and it's a crowd pleaser. If it will be an older crowd, find some classic rock.
"If my baby don't love me no more,
well I'm sure her sister will." -Jimi "Red House"

Gear
1983 Strat '57 Reissue
1964 Gibson ES-330
Dr Z Maz 38
Fender Pro-Junior

myspace.com/marcrobertwork
I think without drums, all those songs will sound too weak except for Wish You Were Here. I would suggest doing some acoustic songs instead...make it a quiet gig
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club