i've been tryiong to get into sweeping, can anyone name some songs that have some sweepign that could get me started?
house of the rising sun by "the animals"

has a weird version of sweeping. but it helps none the less.
ESP LTD Viper-50
Dean AK48
Marshall MG-15
Peavey Sheffield 4x12
Peavey Transtube Supreme Head
Zoom 505 II
Canon rock by jerry c
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Peavey 5150ii w/ Marshall 1960DM cab
selkies: the endless obsession by between the buried and me....the ending has awesome sweep progressions
#1 Member of Some Made-Up UG Club
Quote by ExplorerFreak
avenged sevenfold
I like the ending acoustic solo with sweeping on sidewinder, I hear that Synyster's father playing that?
a LOT of classical songs, just look them up, the solo to river dragon by never more has a good sweep section, intro to alaska by between the buried and me has a good pattern, to get started just try sweep patterns instead of acutal songs, then once you get the sync down then work on the songs.
This Godless Endeavor by Nevermore at 7:14 or so has he COOLEST sweep thing ever... But might be a tad advanced for you.
Quote by CustomCustom
I like the ending acoustic solo with sweeping on sidewinder, I hear that Synyster's father playing that?

Yes, his dad plays all the acoustic parts on the album, so I read somewhere...

If you want sweeping, try anything by yngwie. Trilogy Suite Op 5 would be a good place to start. Around 2:13 he does a bunch of two-string sweeps that really help get the feel down for sweeps before tackling the 6-string arpeggios.