i have recently seen guitars with shiny metal pickups that are sustainers and i had a few questions. The main question is that if i were to get one of these sustainers for my guitar, would it have to replace one of the pickups or does it just like, go on top of the pickup. also, i looked at a website and it showed the person having to clip like a battery oack or some **** to the headstock of a guitar and i wanted to know if i would have to do this because the guitar i would be installing teh sustainer on also has active pickups so it already has batteries.
I tried to make a signature listing all my gear, but I couldn't for 2 reasons.

1. I couldn't remember all my gear
2. My signature was too long for UG to process.
it's probably a specific kind of pickup, in which case, you'd have to replace the pickup or rout out a new hole and wire the electrics and everything. to me, it sounds like a gimmick that i would put no stock in. i'd just go for a good distortion pedal
Why don't you just read the websites instead of asking here and getting stupid answers?
Member #6 of the "SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4lifeSZ to join.