first let me apoligize for posting this in the pit my mistake now i was pretty sure on buying a Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR then i bought a DVD and saw alot of my fav bands playing ltd so i was thinking on getting a LTD H-1000 or a EC-400 i wanted to get the best for my money for playing metal and some hardcore are amps also an issue noting that they all have emgs thank you
My guitars...

LTD H-1000
Epiphone Explorer
Fender Strat
Fender Acoustic

Amps...

Marshall Mode Four
fender frontman possibly for sale

Quote by Pleiadian
(with active EMG-HZ pickups)
Why are EMGs an issue? High output and very nice sounding for metal. LTD is the way to go if you want the most bang for your bucks IMO.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

because ive heard ppl say that they sound good wiuth tube amps and dont sound full poteintal on anything else
My guitars...

LTD H-1000
Epiphone Explorer
Fender Strat
Fender Acoustic

Amps...

Marshall Mode Four

Quote by Pleiadian
to tell you the truth, i have the same problem. i like would go, and probably will, go with the schecter, just cuz schecter has real good quality stuff, and the colors match a lot better than most of the esp guitars.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
Dude, LTD M-1000 (not the H, the M has the FR) is a pretty sick guitar...
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
thx strikeatalonx i didnt see that its hella sexy
My guitars...

LTD H-1000
Epiphone Explorer
Fender Strat
Fender Acoustic

Amps...

Marshall Mode Four

Quote by Pleiadian
sound like youre looking for shredder, what i would recomend is going to youre nearest guitar center or sam ash or the biggest guitar store u can come across, and try as many as you can, buying a guitar just based on a dvd or what youre favorite band uses is a fancy way of burning money, each guitar you pick up is individual just like every guitarist is, what might be a perfect fit for somomne might be horrible for somoenone else. if you go to a guitar store though try to look at pre fender jacksons, before fender bought out jackson, (pre 2003) those are in my opinion the best guitars for anyhting having to do with shredding. plus it will be cheap used, and the value will rise in the coming years, because the new jacksons being produced are kinda ****ty, because jackson bought out fender. hope this helps ya.
EMG's sound beautiful through any amp, i play it through my starter amp (IBZ 10 watt) and it still sounds beautiful. Their full potential which is unrivaled high gain sound is only achieved through all tube amps because the pickups themselves push the amp harder.

Buy the Schecter Hellraiser, i have my LTD and i recently played one of the FR ones at my local shop and i loved it. i like the neck on mine better (schecters are thick and finished). THE scecter had fuller tone, it's neck thru and made of solid mahogany so it gets better fuller tone with the emg's. and it has a realy floyd rose, the saddles on mine are starting to wear down and ive only had it for 2 months.

GO schecter, you wont be disapointed
ESP LTD M-400
VOX AD50VT
BOSS MT-2
VOX Wah

Coming Soon:
Genz-Benz El Diablo 60-C
I went to Sounds of the Underground the other day, and most of the bands were playing LTD guitars. Even In Flames were using the LTD guitars, though through Mesa Rectifiers. I found it funny when machine head brought out an acrylic warlock and everyone thought it was the ****, though it hardly cut through the mix. The Black Dahlia Murder used an esp with a maple neck, and it surprised me how much more it cut through, and just simply the tone coming through it. I believe he was using a custom shop, though it looked mostly like an M-II w/ a natural gloss finish.

I was mostly biased towards jackson prior to this concert, but I really couldn't tell much of a difference tonally between the various LTD models through Mesa amps and the Jackson King V through the same amps.
I think, like all of these threads, it comes down to your own preference. I know alot of people don't like Schecter knecks, so try before you buy.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Omgz, the Hellraiser is becoming a popular guitar, lucky I have one. I love the neck on my Hellraiser, it's very smooth and rounded.
Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Greendayguitar, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.

-Gibson LP Classic
-Fender American Standard Strat
-Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
-Peavey XXX w/Marshall Cab
I believe the H1000, M1000, EC1000, MH1000, etc etc... all blow Schecters out of the water.
haha
schecters are the way foward make sure u get it with EMG's though the stock pups suck badly
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal
I wish a thousand Lex Steele rapes upon you...

Quote by shawnson
Nuthin' like 12,000 inches of negro penis in the bum to set your musical taste right.
Go down to a local shop and plug some guitars in, and see which ones you like best.

It's a personal preference.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
I believe the H1000, M1000, EC1000, MH1000, etc etc... all blow Schecters out of the water.

This man speakes the truth
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
I play an LTD EC-400 Archtop. It comes with the Seymour Duncan JB/59's in it. My current amp is a Marshall MG10 and I can get a hell of a metal tone in there. Try one.
Quote by VFrules
GO schecter, you wont be disapointed

yes you will be...
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
idk i see alot of simularity between both companies like useing flame tops and ducan design/emg hzs on their lower model guitars and use quilt tops and emgs or duncans with that weird shinny binding( i really dont like it) i think the only real differance is the neck width