Page 2 of 40
Quote by Mild Vibe
Loveless is the most amazing sounding album I have ever heard. I'm a fan. I was once bashed for liking them because their name sounds emo .

Same thing happens to me. I hate that I can't turn around and start ripping on them for knowing nothing about music, because no one at my school knows who the hell My Bloody Valentine are.

Have any of you seen Lost in Translation. "Sometimes" is used in it, and Kevin Shields does some music.

That is one of my favourite movies. I've never been as emotionally captivated by a movie as I have with Lost In Translation. Another great track off of the soundtrack is "Too Young" by Phoenix.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
Last edited by trev_smith12 at Aug 24, 2006,
Quote by Mild Vibe
Haha, 13 for me, I'm serious!

that's pretty sweet.
i'm 17 now. i think i've been a fan fo like 2 1/2+ years.!?!?!?
I wish I had the chance to see them live. It would be pretty cool if they did a reunion tour. No matter how lame reunion tours are, I would go.
Quote by trev_smith12
That is one of my favourite movies. I've never been as emotionally captivated by a movie as I have with Lost In Translation. Another great track off of the soundtrack is "Too Young" by Phoenix.

I love the movie. It was so great. The relationship the Bill and Scarlett have in that movie is really amazing. Scarlett Johansson is really beautiful in that movie too.
Last edited by DorkusMalorkus at Aug 25, 2006,
On a side note, i've heard of a kind-of MBV-like shoegaze knockoff band from the US called Medicine. But i can't find them anywhere on the internet. anyone got any leads?
Quote by sponj
and for a casual fan of punk driven indie as well

Perfect then, I'll be picking it up soon.

Thanks
It really great. Defidently different from Loveless, a lot less concentrated force put into the songs, which isn't bad. It's is kind of an indie driven punk sound. Very interesting how the two albums are different, but do have some kind of sound that does flow through the two of them. Thanks guys.
I really enjoy Loveless, and have been a great fan of Shoegazing for a while now. Bands like Slowdive, Chapterhouse, and jesu are my new obsessions.
Don't be derivative. Explore...
I first heard MBV when I was 15. I had Loveless on my mp3 player, and I listened to it while biking agaisnt the wind. I hated it.

A few months later I gave it another listen and it was great.
^ The first time when I heard them, I was in a dark room, it was winter and the music seemed to fit the mood perfectly. I loved it since my first listen.
Strawberry Wine off the Strawberry Wine EP is my favourite track by them-you can actually dance to it. Such metallic and sharp guitars. They are well a sexy sounding band.
Shoegaze is the ****.
MBV, Slowdive and the Jesus and Mary Chain forever and ever amen.
Look into his eyes and you will see
Why everything is quiet
And nothing's free
slowdive.. i've been listening to souvlaki latelly and it's so good!
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Slowdive are good. Ride are amazing though. Buy the album 'Nowhere,' it's the second best shoegaze album, IMO.
Listening to their out-of-print EPs after getting hooked on You Made Me Realise. Good stuff, but so far nothing really grabs me as that oh-so-perfect song.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
MBV are kinda underrated....or it seems so to me, no one really talks about em, cool band nonetheless

wow! thanks for showing that Dorkus, they won't make another album unless they die, that's promising haha

Definitely check out the Glider and Tremolo EPs for some more Loveless era MBV. Off Your Face on Glider has this awesome melody, might be my favorite track off the two of them.
Bang
They're growing majorly on me.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
I'm starting to think Slowdive's Souvlaki is equal to Loveless.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Their name threw me off, but you can't judge a book by its cover. They're an amazing band.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by Caustic
I'm starting to think Slowdive's Souvlaki is equal to Loveless.

I love Slowdive.. but I think there's too much filler on Souvlaki. I'd say Loveless is the best shoegaze album followed by Souvlaki, Nowehere by Ride and On Fire by Galaxie 500.
Loveless is just brilliant, very stocked for another mbv masterpiece. One of the greatest scenes in lost in translation is the view of the city at night with Sometimes playing.
i hate so much about the things that you choose to be
-Michael Scott
Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx
I love Slowdive.. but I think there's too much filler on Souvlaki. I'd say Loveless is the best shoegaze album followed by Souvlaki, Nowehere by Ride and On Fire by Galaxie 500.

Seriously? Filler? I think it's an unbelievably strong album. Nowhere is a fantastic album too. Not sure about On Fire, I put A Storm in Heaven as my #3 Shoegaze album.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by coldplay_88
Loveless is just brilliant, very stocked for another mbv masterpiece. One of the greatest scenes in lost in translation is the view of the city at night with Sometimes playing.

It just makes the scene perfect.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by Caustic
Seriously? Filler? I think it's an unbelievably strong album. Nowhere is a fantastic album too. Not sure about On Fire, I put A Storm in Heaven as my #3 Shoegaze album.

I haven't got round to getting a storm in heaven yet... How close does it sound to, say, Urban Hymns?
Also, Ladies and Gentleman We Are Floating in Space by Spirtiualized is another classic album. Probably more Space Rock than Shoegaze but great all the same!
Quote by UMadeMeRealise
^
BTW, doesn't anyone like Isn't Anything? I think it's easily as good as Loveless, in a vastly different way.

Took the words right out of my mouth.
Great band, although I haven't listened to them in a while. I should pick up up Loveless one of these days.
Quote by Saif Mehdi
You know what guys? This is my band.

And I am Jeff Walker for all you know.
Lol...I didn't mean this band belongs to me in that way. I meant it in...well...I dunno. It's just mine.
So I decided to listen to Loveless for the millionth time and it is so good for zoning you out and taking you to some sort of expansive and all encompassing place.
Pefection
^ yeah it really is. i just finished studying math listening to Loveless and Isn't anything in a row and I'm not as stressed as usual.

that album thing... sounds like BS
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Quote by sponj
^ yeah it really is. i just finished studying math listening to Loveless and Isn't anything in a row and I'm not as stressed as usual.

that album thing... sounds like BS

Yeah I don't know... Trying to top or even come close to Loveless just seems like it might be suicide.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....