Page 4 of 40
I used to play in this band...

That's one of the only stuff I've fully (and yet, badly) developed.
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Okay, all this freakin' talk about this band got me interested. I might just get one of their albums.

EDIT: What are they like?
Quote by European Son
Okay, all this freakin' talk about this band got me interested. I might just get one of their albums.

They can't really be compared to any other group. But if you had to draw a connection, I might compare them to Sonic Youth, Dinosaur Jr, the Jesus and Mary Chain and bands like that. I'm perfectly willing to send you some of their music to get you started if you'd like.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
I like it Sponj. It could really work well in a movie. Is the scene that this song is played in at the end ("outra")?

Outra means "another one", I called it that because I it was the 3rd music and final music I did for that scene!

It's a slow motion scene where the carachter goes from glamour and euphory to shallowness and slight depression
Yo that tuning is AWSEOME!!!! It's so much more fun to use then standard, especially with distortion.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by European Son

It's hard to tell what they're like, because Shoegaze music can vary from many different things. You're better off listening to a sample off some website.

And Sponj, that was a good recording, and I enjoyed it.
Sent from my iPad.
I downloaded a few tracks (Oh No I didn't?!) and it sounds kinda cool. It's a bit like instrumental music, but more interesting . Probably because I can't discern the words, but still... I really liked 'When You Sleep' and 'Sometimes'. Noisy stuff, I like it.
thanks for the good reviews everyone, as a gift, I give you ANOTHER AWESOMELLY BAD RECORDING, this time a bit diferent.

Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx
I really like it. Those background effects do sound very MBV-esque. How did you do them?

I recorded an electric guitar with tons of delay and a bit distortion and then added some juicy reverb and a tiny spoon of flanger
Quote by sponj
thanks for the good reviews everyone, as a gift, I give you ANOTHER AWESOMELLY BAD RECORDING, this time a bit diferent.

I recorded an electric guitar with tons of delay and a bit distortion and then added some juicy reverb and a tiny spoon of flanger

I'll listen to it when I have the time .
Sent from my iPad.
hm i don't know.. you can put sponj I guess.
Alright, thanks man...and I guess the only part he dips the tremolo bar down is in each end of a measure in the verse, right?

Also, I'm guessing no one in the world (excluding Kevin Shields) knows how to play the guitar intro in Sueisfine.
Last edited by Saif Mehdi at May 30, 2007,
Quote by paintITblack39
I just ordered Tremolo and Glider EPs . Any others I should consider?

the 'You Made Me Realise' EP. It came before Tremeolo and Glider though, so it's closer in sound to 'Isn't Anything' than anything else. I actually prefer it to Glider, but if you're not a fan of Isn't Anything then you probably won't like it. Plus it has one of my favourite MBV tracks: Thorn. Has anyone else heard it?
Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx
the 'You Made Me Realise' EP. It came before Tremeolo and Glider though, so it's closer in sound to 'Isn't Anything' than anything else. I actually prefer it to Glider, but if you're not a fan of Isn't Anything then you probably won't like it. Plus it has one of my favourite MBV tracks: Thorn. Has anyone else heard it?

That's probably my all-time favourite EP. I love every song on it.
When You Sleep is a fantastic song, Loveless has at least 10 fantastic songs on it to be honest
THE LIBERTINES

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
Wow, My Bloody Valentine are really f*ckin awesome. I mean, I've only heard a handful of songs, but honestly, I don't think any band have ever made such a deep impression on me in such a short period of time.

EDIT: By the way, does anybody know what gear Kevin Shields uses?
Quote by European Son
By the way, does anybody know what gear Kevin Shields uses?

I'm certain you know that they used Fender Jazzmasters and Jaguars. But some of the pedals he used were: ProCo Rat Distortion, Boss PN-2 Pan/Tremolo, Boss GE-7 Graphic Equalizer (this one is really good!), and Digitech WH-1 Whammy. I think Saif Mehdi could be of more assistance though.
Quote by European Son
Wow, My Bloody Valentine are really f*ckin awesome. I mean, I've only heard a handful of songs, but honestly, I don't think any band have ever made such a deep impression on me in such a short period of time.

EDIT: By the way, does anybody know what gear Kevin Shields uses?

if you are looking for sounds i think that maybe earlier in thread or maybe somewhere else someone said many of the sounds came from putting the mic between two speakers...
Quote by UMadeMeRealise
I wish I could play that intro. It's one of the awesome sounds on Isn't Anything.

I had it nailled once but never wroted down, if you ask nicelly i might do a tab
^No way! Are you serious?!? Please do a tab of the intro...just the intro...that's all I need to be happy, my dear sponj.
Quote by UMadeMeRealise
I'm in the process of working out 'Cigarette In Your Bed' and then I'll post that one as well.

How are you gonna tab that? Are you Kevin Shields or something?
Quote by UMadeMeRealise
I think Saif Mehdi could be of more assistance though

I'm gonna assume you are being sarcastic because I know nothing about sound engineering...unfortunately.
^Nice triple post.

On topic, though. That's a shame. I was actually expecting a really educated answer from you.
here's what i figgured out:

D|--0-0
B|--0-0-
G|--6-6b-
D
A
E

that's basicly it with the apropriate strumming... I didn't bother with the rest of the song
Last edited by sponj at May 31, 2007,