Page 5 of 40
Quote by European Son
^Nice triple post.

On topic, though. That's a shame. I was actually expecting a really educated answer from you.

Crap, I'm sorry man.
Quote by Saif Mehdi
How are you gonna tab that? Are you Kevin Shields or something?

I saw a video of them playing the song live on YouTube and it's in standard I think, so it's basically a matter of figuring out where their hands where. And I saw you post a list of his effects in some other thread.

Sponj- Thank you for the tab of the intro.

European Son- I'll read some of the posts on a MBV forum I belong to and glean whatever I can from them.
Quote by European Son
Wow, My Bloody Valentine are really f*ckin awesome. I mean, I've only heard a handful of songs, but honestly, I don't think any band have ever made such a deep impression on me in such a short period of time.

EDIT: By the way, does anybody know what gear Kevin Shields uses?

Kevin's Guitar Tech states:

Kevin never used a Shreadmaster pedal (he did, however, use 2 Marshall Guv'nor pedals during the Isn't Anyting live shows). (guitargeek.com falsely credits the use of a Shredmaster during the Loveless tours.)

For Loveless live shows he used - Digitech Whammy, Boss EH-2, Boss PQ-4, 2 x Boss GE-7, Boss T-Wah, Pro-Co Turbo Rat, Roger Mayer Axis & Mongoose Fuzzes, 2x Marshall Guv'nor, Jim Dunlop Roto-Vibe, Boss Tremolo/Pan (Boss PN-2 to be specific), Digitech PDS-8000, ADA Pre-amp, Alesis MidiVerb II , Yamaha SPX90 x 2 and 3 x JCM800's (only 2 amps were actually running) JCM's valved with EL34's and ECC83's (including phase split).
I will never travel brandishing a sharp tongue, out of fear of piercing my own heart...
Quote by UMadeMeRealise
And I saw you post a list of his effects in some other thread.

Some guy PM'd me just to tell me that I was completely wrong about Kevin's setup, lol. He said he read this on the mybloodyvalentine.net forums.
I've posted the correct list. Guitar Geek are spreading false information.
I will never travel brandishing a sharp tongue, out of fear of piercing my own heart...
Quote by YourLastAffront
Kevin's Guitar Tech states:

Kevin never used a Shreadmaster pedal (he did, however, use 2 Marshall Guv'nor pedals during the Isn't Anyting live shows). (guitargeek.com falsely credits the use of a Shredmaster during the Loveless tours.)

For Loveless live shows he used - Digitech Whammy, Boss EH-2, Boss PQ-4, 2 x Boss GE-7, Boss T-Wah, Pro-Co Turbo Rat, Roger Mayer Axis & Mongoose Fuzzes, 2x Marshall Guv'nor, Jim Dunlop Roto-Vibe, Boss Tremolo/Pan (Boss PN-2 to be specific), Digitech PDS-8000, ADA Pre-amp, Alesis MidiVerb II , Yamaha SPX90 x 2 and 3 x JCM800's (only 2 amps were actually running) JCM's valved with EL34's and ECC83's (including phase split).

Okay. That's pretty long list.
We may never know what he used in the studio though, apart from a Jaguar and a Jazzmaster.
Quote by YourLastAffront
We may never know what he used in the studio though, apart from a Jaguar and a Jazzmaster.

...and a certain amount of brilliant ideas.
that's what's so super cool about the sound
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
I know that Kevin and Bilinda used to get up at 7am after a late night to sing the vocals, and that he wouldn't let the engineers see them sing, they sang behind a screen.
^

I've decided to try that. Next month when my band record demos, we're going to do all the vocals at 7am after very little sleep. It should be interesting.
Uau... That's so burn outish duuuude
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Quote by UMadeMeRealise
^

I've decided to try that. Next month when my band record demos, we're going to do all the vocals at 7am after very little sleep. It should be interesting.

Haha should be good. Or a recipe for disaster. My mate recorded a version of 'Sometimes' doing the same thing.

Do you post on the My Bloody Valentine forum?
Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx
the 'You Made Me Realise' EP. It came before Tremeolo and Glider though, so it's closer in sound to 'Isn't Anything' than anything else. I actually prefer it to Glider, but if you're not a fan of Isn't Anything then you probably won't like it. Plus it has one of my favourite MBV tracks: Thorn. Has anyone else heard it?

Thanks, I'll check that one out as well.

It's $148. It's actually really rare.
Sent from my iPad.
Last edited by paintITblack39 at Jun 1, 2007,
Quote by YourLastAffront
Haha should be good. Or a recipe for disaster. My mate recorded a version of 'Sometimes' doing the same thing.

Do you post on the My Bloody Valentine forum?

Nah. I'm a lurker. I really ought to join in sometimes. Do you post?
Quote by paintITblack39
Thanks, I'll check that one out as well.

It's $148. It's actually really rare.

Yeah. I'll send you the EP on sendspace if you'd like. It's good but not $148 good.
Quote by UMadeMeRealise
Yeah. I'll send you the EP on sendspace if you'd like. It's good but not $148 good.

That'd be great ... do you need my e-mail, or what?
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by UMadeMeRealise
Nah. I'm a lurker. I really ought to join in sometimes. Do you post?
Yeah I'm 'Tweez'.
YMMR isn't as good as Glider or Ecstasy or Strawberry Wine, but it's better than Tremolo.

Have you guys heard any of the earlier EP's with Dave Conway singing? (This Is Your Bloody Valentine, Geek, Sunny Sundae Smile, The New Record By My Bloody Valentine). They're basically the cramps but with a really annoying singer.
Quote by UMadeMeRealise
I've heard that song 'By The Danger In Your Eyes.' Absolutely dreadful.

Yeah that's off 'The New Record By...' and it definitely one of the worse tracks. See also 'Lovelee Sweet Darlene'. The only track I like from that era is 'Sunny Sundae Smile'.
does anyone else completely love the bassline from soft as snow?
so good...
Quote by uhh_me?
so good...

Googe is seriously underrated.
Quote by uhh_me?
so good...

She's terribly underrated. Deb had some awesome basslines. Soft as Snow, Can I Touch You, Slow, Drive It All Over Me, Soon, Come In Alone, I Only Said, to name a few.
Quote by UMadeMeRealise
OK yeah, every time I click the 'choose file' tab, my computer freezes and shuts down. I have an old, gay eMac. Sorry.

I love some of the basslines Googe plays. They're so catchy.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by WyldeGibsonPlyr
Anyone else's copy of 'Loveless' somewhat hard to hear?

like the lyrics?
they are intended to be like that
volume-wise?
nope
Yeah, the lyrics more or less. I just picked up the record, i'll have to give it much more of a listen.

Also, every track is meant to 'sway' into the next one more or less right?
The lyrics are pretty low in the mix on most tracks, and they've often got a lot of reverb, I wouldn't worry about it.

And yeah most tracks trail into each other.
Quote by uhh_me?
like the lyrics?
they are intended to be like that
volume-wise?
nope

Yeah, I thought it was only me, but the low volumed lyrics are intended to be low volume. I like it, it fits into the whole dream pop thing.

I got Glider and Tremolo and so far, I like what I hear.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by paintITblack39
Yeah, I thought it was only me, but the low volumed lyrics are intended to be low volume. I like it, it fits into the whole dream pop thing.

I got Glider and Tremolo and so far, I like what I hear.

Glider is their best EP by a fairly long way.
Quote by YourLastAffront
Glider is their best EP by a fairly long way.

I can't really say anything, considering the fact that I only have two EPs.
Sent from my iPad.
Have you not got the albums? I'm assuming so, but if not pick them both up ASAP. If you've got a record deck, get them on vinyl too, they sound better to me.
Quote by paintITblack39
Of course I have the albums, silly.

Get the other EP's aswell then!