I play a Strat through a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112, but the overdrive on the amp does not provide enough gain for more modern music. I play a lot of RHCP, but i dont really know anything about pedals. I do sort of want to stay away from pedals with a lot of fuzz, but any suggestions would be welcome. Two pedals ive looked at so far are the BBE Green Screamer and the MXR M-104.
-Fender American Series Stratocaster
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Amp

Rock, Jazz, Blues, and Funk
i guess a overdrive pedal like a boss sd-1 or a tubescreamer
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Get a Boss...

either a Metal Zone.

Or a Mega Distortion...

Ive learned that those are best in my opinion.
ESP LTD Viper-50
Dean AK48
Marshall MG-15
Peavey Sheffield 4x12
Peavey Transtube Supreme Head
Zoom 505 II
I haven't heard those 2 efx pedals. I have 3. Danelectro Fab Distortion, Danelectro Fab Overdrive, and Arion Tubulator. On my larger amp(30w 12" speaker Crate GX-30M) The Fab Distortion was by far the best of the three and the only one of the 3 that I will use on that amp. I really like the sound of this little box. On my small amp(10w 8" speaker Crate G10XL) all three sound good. But again the Fab Distortion was the best but the margin of victory was not quite so big.

The Fab Distortion is great, especially since it costs $15. It has a pretty good range of distortions too. I was able to get a pretty good ZZ Top sound with it but it won't deliver a Metallica tone. But thats ok my little Behringer GM110 does a pretty good job of shelling out the Metallica Tones.

With my limited experience with pedals I can only say that the Danelectro Fab Distortion is the best Distortion pedal that I have tried.

Good Luck!
Ugh, Ok, for you, theres only a couple pedals that i know for certain will satisfy you considering i dont really know what you want all that much. I say get a Jykell and Hyde Ultimate Over drive by Visual Sound. In it you get a distortion and an overdrive with too separate buttons and settings. If you could kind of describe what your want more then i could give you a better answer but if you want a pedal that will stick with you throughout and preference you grow into then thats the one.
Boss DS-1
Digitech Grunge
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Quote by sestemofatowel
Ugh, Ok, for you, theres only a couple pedals that i know for certain will satisfy you considering i dont really know what you want all that much. I say get a Jykell and Hyde Ultimate Over drive by Visual Sound. In it you get a distortion and an overdrive with too separate buttons and settings. If you could kind of describe what your want more then i could give you a better answer but if you want a pedal that will stick with you throughout and preference you grow into then thats the one.

im looking for an overdrive pedal, preferably not fuzz, that delivers warm distortion, but a decent amount of gain as well. Something hotter than blues, but lighter than metal, basically.
-Fender American Series Stratocaster
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Amp

Rock, Jazz, Blues, and Funk
you have a tube amp so it'd be better if you get a overdrive like tubescreamer or maxon
or Jekyll and Hide since it's a drive and distortion.