ok i have a fender fm212r and my friend has a marshall avt100. which amp would be the better amp to keep? seriously though, i would appreciate it if you'd give me some advice. they're both 100 watts, though mine is louder probably because it has two speakers. the fender is a solid state, the marshall is a hybrid i believe.

here are the pictures if it helps
marshall:
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n136/ilove****ting/AVT100.jpg

fender:
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n136/ilove****ting/Guitar005.jpg

thanks
brittany
The fender is a very straightfoward amp, clean, SS cruch/od and SS distortion. The fender is a gig worthy amp, i've played through it at music stores. I prefer it over crate any day. THe distortion is a little fuzzy, and it gets a lot of static when you crank the gain up. Decent amp, i dunno about the marshall though.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Check out a Fender Blues Junior or Peavey Valveking. Both are all tube amps on a budget.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
Erm, decide for yourself, you have access to them both, listen to what they sound like etc and think which one do you prefer.

I don't like either of them personally.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I still don't understand what she's saying, she wants to keep her amp?...or her friends, what?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
all right so we might do a little trade, and i'm not sure if i should keep mine or trade it for the marshall. thanks for the input though
the marshall. definately. i dont even know if the fender is louder, although it has more speakers. the marshall avt amps are extremely loud. i used to have an avt 20 and it was loud enough to play gigs with. i would definately go with the marshall. it has much better sound and is better quality and may be louder.
MusicMan Stingray 4 HH
Modded Fender MIM J-Bass
Fender American Deluxe Ash Strat
Ibanez limited edition walnut EW acoustic #202/250
Fender Bassman 250 2x10 combo
Vox AD50VT
Quote by jbassman4
the marshall. definately. i dont even know if the fender is louder, although it has more speakers. the marshall avt amps are extremely loud. i used to have an avt 20 and it was loud enough to play gigs with. i would definately go with the marshall. it has much better sound and is better quality and may be louder.

Are you serious?

These "gigs", let me see, in an old peoples home or your garden shed or maybe your own ass?

100watts of valve
gennerally speaking Fender SS amps are superior to Marshall SS (or hybrid) amps, to anyways. Id keep the fender, unless you really hate it, then trade it for a tube amp or something.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm