what does this mean? what type of progression would you play it over? it is just sliding your major pentatonic down two frets. so lets say an e neutral pentatonic is the same as the b minor pentatonic.

does this mean you can play it over a minor or major key?
It's a pentatonic mode. How 'bout that?

Anyway, the intervals are 1 2 4 5 b7. You can use it over any minor, minor7, or dominant7 chord. You could also use it over sus chords.

I'll have to play around with this. I'm thinking that it will give a sus sound since there is no third, and I like sus chords.
I've never heard anyone call it a neutral...
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
Agreed with bgc on this... there was a neutral pentatonic thread a few months ago. I would think it's most useful over sus chords.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Quote by psychodelia
Agreed with bgc on this... there was a neutral pentatonic thread a few months ago. I would think it's most useful over sus chords.

Yea, I was the one who asked about it
Works over sus chords quite nicely. And I beleive it also works over 7 chords.
Run!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Simply, the world was too small for a man of his ambition.
Quote by ifeastonbums
GuitarSymphony you are my hero!
Quote by Logz
Just as a matter of interest;
Why is the pentatonic blues a pentatonic scale? It has 6 notes?!

Baha.

Congrats on modship btw, I didn't know until now.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Quote by psychodelia
Baha.

Congrats on modship btw, I didn't know until now.

Ty I didnt know until about 10 hours ago
Been away, am back
Lol Doug took forever with it... it was supposed to happen weeks ago until those Taverns ****ers made him shift all his work to sorting that out.
Looking for my India/Django.
Quote by Logz
Its on this site as well. Been on there for quite as long as i can remember as well lol

http://www.looknohands.com/chordhouse/guitar/fr_rb_main.html?plyr=R,bass=bottom

(look on the right hand side, in the big box of scales, then look for the pentatonics)

Just as a matter of interest;
Why is the pentatonic blues a pentatonic scale? It has 6 notes?!

It is because blues players are crazy. They love their pentatonic scale but they love the dissonance in their music too. Actually I think it has more to do with the fact that the #4/b5 is only sort of part of the scale because you don't really use it a whole lot.