Poll: What do you think about the Licenced Floyd Rose?
Poll Options
View poll results: What do you think about the Licenced Floyd Rose?
Its great!
1 5%
Not bad.
15 75%
It sucks.
4 20%
Voters: 20.
Do you think the Licenced Floyd Rose tremolo system is complete crap?
I dont think so, i mean i know it isnt the original thing, but it still works, and most of the time it doesnt go out of tune. If it does, its usually just a little bit, unless you like take the bar down to the body of the guitar or something. Re-tuning isnt really a big deal either, just like any other guitar without a locking system, you're gonna have to do it.

Post your opinions

O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Last edited by 6DgOfInTb at Aug 2, 2006,
It depends entirely on which liscensed FR you are talking about. Ibanez has done wonders with thr FR liscense, while some of them are utter crap. It varies a lot.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Yeah, i got an Esp Ltd M-207, and it went out of tune today a little more than usual. I think its because its not perfectly parallel to the body. I didnt have the patience to fix it tonight at 2:00 a.m.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Quote by Dudage
It depends entirely on which liscensed FR you are talking about. Ibanez has done wonders with thr FR liscense, while some of them are utter crap. It varies a lot.

Agreed. If anything Ibanez improved on the design with the Edge series. There are so many companies making trems under the FR license, some are fine and some are utter garbage. Generally I try to stick with either Edge trems or Original's but I have a Burny with a licensed FR that's outstanding.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
i don't like whammy at all so meh...don't like the sound you get from palm muting that style of bridge....stop tail bridges are muchos better
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal
I wish a thousand Lex Steele rapes upon you...

Quote by shawnson
Nuthin' like 12,000 inches of negro penis in the bum to set your musical taste right.
my jackson has one and i cant say that i have any problems with it, although when i do have to tune my guitar it does tend to be a bitch, lock the nuts and the whole thing goes sharp...ahh well, gotta sacrifice some things for greatness :p
Guitarist for Adelaide Post Hardcore band Emerald City EmeraldCityAU

Playing a Fender Blacktop Tele through an Orange Dual Terror and 2x12.
Good floyds: original, schaller, Gotoh, Ibanez (edge pro, edge, lo-pro edge, zr). Vigier and Musicman are probably ok too, though I hear some bad things about the quality of the studs on the musicman ones too. Kahler are good too, though they have a slightly different design.

Not all licensed are bad, if you know the ones which are good.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i have one an its not that bad, stays in tune quite well even when i give it some abuse.
Current playing with:
Cort x-6 -->Laney HCM65R

On Zakk Wylde's guitar.
Quote by anaoshak
look at all those knobs, he must have a mean tone.

Quote by Joey Walker
Bottle caps buddy, they are bottle caps
I have carved my maximum tuning time from about 20 minutes down to about 5 at the most. It just takes practice and the whole FR thing isnt so bad at all.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/