does anyone know how to get the sound that john frusciante gets in the solo of "nobody weird like me"? i think it's tapping on the really high frets of the high e but i cant seem to get that sound! can anyone tell me how to do it and maybe show me a correct tab for it or any song that uses this same technique? thanks!
i don't think it's sitar. there's a breakdown kind of part in the song and john does a background fill in solo type thing where i think he is going down some middle eastern scale or something. i'm about 90% sure it's just tapping on the high e on the really high frets but i still can't mimick the sound.

by the way, i have a c1 plus also
Last edited by ilikeguitar90 at Aug 2, 2006,
Quote by ilikeguitar90
i don't think it's sitar. there's a breakdown kind of part in the song and john does a background fill in solo type thing where i think he is going down some middle eastern scale or something. i'm about 90% sure it's just tapping on the high e on the really high frets but i still can't mimick the sound.

by the way, i have a c1 plus also

hmm, well i dont know what to tell you man, ive never heard "nobody weird like me" so the sitar was just a suggestion. got a site where i can download the MP3 for free? maybe if i hear the song ill be able to help.

yeah ive noticed a lot of people have a C-1 Plus, shows how good it is. what color did you get it in? i got mine in the black cherry here's mine:

i have the sunburst one. yours looks really nice by the way!

and yeah i'm still looking for suggestions on how to get the sound
C1 plus ist nice no idea about the song sorry
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Theres a video to the song on YouTube. All hes doing is playing something high up, doesn't sound like tapping, it just sounds exotic because the notes he choses to play.
RIP SYD
Member #6 of the "SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4lifeSZ to join.