im having problems with my sound, im not sure if its te amp or the pickups....

well anyway, when i trun on distortion it goes all crackly at times then it goes really loud and really distorted, and wen i turn it off the clean tone is really really quite...so do i need a new amp or pickups or sumthin, can someone tell me please?

lol the overdrive channel is doing exactly what it's meant to then lol distorted channel will generally sound louder than the clean channel i think lol
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal
I wish a thousand Lex Steele rapes upon you...

Quote by shawnson
Nuthin' like 12,000 inches of negro penis in the bum to set your musical taste right.
It sounds to me that the volume on each channel needs to be adjusted. Basically, just turn up your clean volume so that it matches the distorted volume.
Oh crap!
what amp do you have i know my small ten watter only has one volume channel so i have to adjust each time i switch god it sucks thank god or roland cubes lol
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal
I wish a thousand Lex Steele rapes upon you...

Quote by shawnson
Nuthin' like 12,000 inches of negro penis in the bum to set your musical taste right.
thats the thing u see for now ive only got a small 12 watt amp while im waiting for my marshall, and the one i have now hasonly 3 dials tone volume and gain, and and overdrive button and usually the overdrive and clean are generally the same volume and the overdrive goes crackly then goes extremely loud
Try resetting the settings on your distortion channel. Keep the volume and the gain down, put the tone to where you want it, then gradually bring the gain and volume up. If it doesn't screw up, you probably just had the settings too high or something.
Oh crap!
what amp do you have i know my small ten watter only has one volume channel so i have to adjust each time i switch god it sucks thank god or roland cubes lol

i have a small rms amp, its alrite for just practicin at home but it gets really annoying wen the sound stuffs up
That's your amp problem.
It's because of the gain, it increases the volume by alot.

You have to lower the volume of the distortion channel by a lot and increase the gain.

This is my setting on my cube 30w

VOLUMES

Clean 4

Distortion 2.5
Gain 8
Try resetting the settings on your distortion channel. Keep the volume and the gain down, put the tone to where you want it, then gradually bring the gain and volume up. If it doesn't screw up, you probably just had the settings too high or something.

hte gain stays really crackly and static rather then distorted but wen the gain is rite up, the distortoin is fine but theres a lot of interference and feedback
That's your amp problem.
It's because of the gain, it increases the volume by alot.

You have to lower the volume of the distortion channel by a lot and increase the gain.

This is my setting on my cube 30w

VOLUMES

Clean 4

Distortion 2.5
Gain 8

thats the thing i dont have volume for each channel on this amp i only have 1 volume dial that controls clean and overdrive(yes cruddy i know)
also check your cables yo, try switching individual ones, see if that does anything

i went crazy trying to see if one of my pedals on the board was bad, or pups or amp, turns out it was one of the dinky connector cables (between two pedals)
Neste@
Cool@
To the core!
also check your cables yo, try switching individual ones, see if that does anything

i went crazy trying to see if one of my pedals on the board was bad, or pups or amp, turns out it was one of the dinky connector cables (between two pedals)

now i really think its my amp coz i tried all my cables seperately and nothing changed
When you are playing distorted, youre probably causing the speaker to bottom out and "fart" which is loud and crackly.
When you are playing distorted, youre probably causing the speaker to bottom out and "fart" which is loud and crackly.

and is that permanent damage or not?
The Gain(distortion) Is loader than clean. As far as the crackly sounds it could be you cord. Check and see if it in all the way. If it still hapens its the pickups .
Quote by thecameronator
and is that permanent damage or not?

If it happens all the time, for a long time, yes.

Not if it happens once every now and again.
If it happens all the time, for a long time, yes.

Not if it happens once every now and again.

well yer it only just started happening today

how long does it usually last for
Last edited by thecameronator at Aug 2, 2006,