Couple of days ago i desided to have ago at changing a few of the strings, i change the E and the A string to some brand new ones!! But i dient do it very well the stings go thourgh the hole on the tuning pegs and then tied round but its not tied round very good! I have then left the rest of the string and tucked them under the other stings so it does not untie its self from the tunning pegs! Will this have an effect on the sound or anythink else!

Hears a pic of what it looks like:

I am talking about the E and the A sting i can cut my B and E string just havent hehe!

Thanks Jess
sorry if the pic is massive!!
Sorry For Spelling Errors
a) Learn to string change properly before attempting it on your own, because those strings are gonna detune so quickly.

b) Cut the excess string with wire cutters, you noob.

c) Why the hell did you call this thread "My head Hurts"?
lol thats what i was thinking lol
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal
I wish a thousand Lex Steele rapes upon you...

Quote by shawnson
Nuthin' like 12,000 inches of negro penis in the bum to set your musical taste right.
"My head hurts" It got your attention didn?t it?

Your 18 should of relized i mite of made a slite typing error!
the 2 srings have only been in there like a day what would happen if i took them out!! would i be able to do the strings again? or am i just best buying a new pack?
When I was 15, I was typing 3 page papers with perfect spelling, without spellcheck. There's no excuse for you.
Oh crap!
Yeah dude and your still making spelling errors. Just shutup, and take your cheap piece of crap to a guitar store. Theyll change the strings for you.
I know I can?t spell, but it seems I am in like nearly top English so there buts be something I?m doing right? But i have not come here for a spelling test i have come for help with my guitar! plz
and im not looking what i am writing i am just writing it, QUICKLY so i can get my help and then go!!
Quote by Final
You should be able to use "you're" correctly, but you didn't. Now you just look like a jackass.

hahahah!
should i take the strings out an start again?
Quote by Brother_In_Arms
Also learn to spell. Your 15 you should be able to distinguish between "Here" and "Hear".

I don't know how old you are, but since you're admonishing another for bad spelling, you should be able to distinguish between "your" and "you're"

Same goes for pretty much every one else bitching about her spelling, you're all pretty terrible at it to be telling someone off for it.

As for you, you horribly delinquent re-stringer, the first person to reply left a link with how to do it properly.

Jesus Christ.
Absinthe maketh the heart grow fonder
Yes I have kept that link in my favorites but will it be ok to use the 2 strings that are already on my guitar and start again putting them in?
Quote by Jmagge
Yes I have kept that link in my favorites but will it be ok to use the 2 strings that are already on my guitar and start again putting them in?

yes
That's probably the worst stringing job I've ever seen.

I think I see what you did there, you put the string through the tuner hole and then wrapped the excess around. Do it the other way round next time. Wrap the string around the tuner a few times keeping it as tight as you can and then thread it through.
Quote by jimtaka
i'd say your guitar is out of tune, or you are accidentally muting strings that you aren't trying to, or your right hand isn't strumming at the same time that your left hand is fretting, or you could be reading the tab upside down...
well of course in any other situation, I would say yes - but your predicament just unnerves me. It should be fine, but if you go ahead and do another job like you just did, you may find they're completely unuseable. However. You've got nothing to lose.
Absinthe maketh the heart grow fonder
Quote by Brother_In_Arms

b) Cut the excess string with wire cutters, you noob.

Personally, I like the look of strings when they're not clipped. It's not like it does any harm. I like the dirty and unkempt look like on my acoustic or something.

By the way, this is far from an English class. As such, you should all drop the ****ing abuse. He can spell 'Wallet" as "walit" for all I care. At least he gets the point across. Pricks.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
Last edited by God Am at Aug 2, 2006,
Quote by God Am
Personally, I like the look of strings when they're not clipped. It's not like it does any harm. I like the dirty and unkempt look like on my acoustic or something.

Hippy. haha no offense

And for the dude with the stringing problem. If you are carful enough you can undo what you have and put the strings back on. I guarantee you at least 1 string will break when you take it off. Buy a new set and put the strings on carfully. I did just a bit better my first time stringing but it still sucked.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by Jmagge
the 2 srings have only been in there like a day what would happen if i took them out!! would i be able to do the strings again? or am i just best buying a new pack?

just buy brand new ernie balls for all your strings, better to hav eyour strings consistent. they are only 3 bukcs
I know I shouldn't double post, but I figured that I didn't want it to get caught behind while I wrote it. If this is a double post, forgive me. Either that or go **** yourself.

This is how I change my strings (I use a Gibson SG, so I have a stopbar).

I believe it's also the Zakk Wylde method.

I stick the strings in the opposite way so that when you pull them up to the tuners, they wrap over the stopbar. This is essentially what a PRS guitar would do, and with good reason. I've heard people complain about this, but unless I totally changed something else, it balances the action more and gives better sustain for me. Also, bends are easier. It doesn't affect how well your guitar stays in tune, but it does give a slightly thicker tone for me. I might sound full of ****, but I noticed a big difference. Anyways, I just do what most people do. However, before I slip the string in, I wrap it around around a full three turns. I don't know if it affects the tuning, but I do know that it increases string life. I clip my string so that about a fourth of an inch remains poking outwards. Of course, I don't clip them at all on my acoustic. It's just more attractive to me. If this is what everyone does, then just ignore me. However, I've always done it this way. When it comes to staying in tune, you'll no doubt be required to stretch the strings and break them it simply by playing. To do this, I do a few intense bends on each string, retune it, do some more bends, retune it, and keep doing it until it doesn't go out of tune. That's all. Nobody ever taught me any of this, so I just basically did it myself. I find that it utilizes a lot of common sense, so I'm hoping I'm not the only one.
Quote by Jmagge
"My head hurts" It got your attention didn?t it?

Your 18 should of relized i mite of made a slite typing error!

You're 18, you should have realised I might have made a slight typing error!
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
I repeat - shut the **** up, you ignorant English nazi twats.