Hiya well I am very new at this guitar stuff don?t know much about them! But when I play a chord over and over the top string vibrates LOADS causing the chords to sound wired, and when I change chords you can not hear the change of the chord coz the top string and sometimes the A string are still vibrating away! I was thinking maybe its coz I play the strings to hard?
How do I stop this happening? Does this happen to anyone else?
Yes the amp is turned on and it is put into its little grove on the nut!

thanx
Sorry For Spelling Errors
Are the strings on tight enough?
LTD SC-608 Baritone
Schecter 007-Elite
Epi. Les Paul Standard
Jasmine SC312
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-3
Peavey 6505+

www.behaviourmusic.com
fret buzz maybe?
try fretting each fret and letting the notes ring out and see if you hear any buzzing if You do then you're action is to low and you'll probably need to raise it
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
screw grammar i practice economic typing.
Quote by ifeastonbums
fret buzz maybe?
try fretting each fret and letting the notes ring out and see if you hear any buzzing if You do then you're action is to low and you'll probably need to raise it

what is raising it? how do i do that? plz explain? thanx!
Top string, you mean high E right? the 1st string? The smallest one?

If any strings are vibrating and you dont want them to, palm mute the strings just before the bridge.

Otherwise, practice strumming only the strings you want to play.
Do your strings buzz as if they're hitting the fredboard? What kind of guitar do you have?

Maybe your hitting extra strings or maybe you need to palm mute to keep the strings from vibrating so much.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Its my 6th an 5th string, I think they mite be hitting the fret board, but if I make them tighter they don?t get the tuning right? Can u send me a link on palm muting, I know what it is but need help knowing exactly how too do it!
Quote by Jmagge
what is raising it? how do i do that? plz explain? thanx!

depends on what style guitar you have, and at times it may be some what complicated so you want to make sure before you attempt to adjust your action that that's what the problem is

and I'm not an expert on it I would search on UG for an article on how to properly adjust your action and also I'd try to have some one who knows a little bit more about guitars present while you do it (assuming you're newer to guitar)
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
screw grammar i practice economic typing.
check ur other thread.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011