I need to buy a new amp that can put up with a loud drummer and can be used for small gigs, something of about 50W should do it.. I like to play things like metallica, black sabbath and iron maiden and I love the quality of marshall amplifiers.. any suggestions as to which model I should go for ?
.!,,! X.x !,,!.
id suggest a marshall 100 watt thats what i have i dont remember the name of the model though. the extra watts our worth the money. trust me. especially a marshall and its perfect for gigs. i speak with experience of the watt
I heard the MG series doesn't bring justice to the marshall name, I was thinking of the marshall AVT100X/AVT50X.. any feedback ?
.!,,! X.x !,,!.
You're all stupid for falling for that Marshall trap.

MG and AVTS are crap, for the prices of them (which you didn't mention your price range) you can get a decent valve combo.

But scince you apparently don't have a price range, get an original Plexi.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
neither does that, you want to look into JCM 800's 900's and DSL combos and heads
I preferably want something under 500$, and I want it marshall and I don't want a stack.. just an amp to leave in my drummers garage, and if it can be used for small gigs also.. so much the better. Can anybody reccomend me a good one ?
.!,,! X.x !,,!.
Why a Marshall if the low and Marshalls are shit and they're all the Marshall you can afford?

Unless you can score a used JCM900 or 800 on eBay.
You haven't even said what styles you play, ARGH!
Don't be afraid to care"

I like to play things like metallica, black sabbath and iron maiden
..isn't that good enough ?
.!,,! X.x !,,!.
...Yes.

Marshall JCM900 if you NEED to go Marshall, which you don't.

A Peavey XXX or a Peavey 5150 would be better suited for you though, try them out.
Don't be afraid to care"

I got a good marshall 65W valvestate amp on ebay, which is really good for me and my situation, which sounds quite like what urs is. I got that for only 110 quid so about 200 bucks or something. So for your money, i'm sure you could get a 100w valvestate amp or a 50w (ish) valve amp. My amp was abit cheaper than average cos it was collection only, but still, have a look, marshall amps are quite solid so good 2nd hand. For your money, try and get at least a valvestate amp, if not fully valve.
I'll check up the reviews around the interne.. how big are these amps exactly ?
.!,,! X.x !,,!.
Ok, valvestates are alright amps, but you can still get a used or new valve combo for that price.
Don't be afraid to care"

It worries me that he wants a marshall and is prepared to buy nothing else. I mean marshall's ok dont' get me wrong, but just because you see your favourite band playing with a $3000 Marshall Half Stack doesn't mean that your $600 Marshall Half Stack is going to make you as good as them or make you sound like them. The difference between a 3000 and a 600 dollar marshall is huuuuge, it's as big a difference as between a $600 behringer and a $3000 Marshall :P
Marty
jcm 900... if you want a marshall.. or if you want amazing tone, buy a peavey xxx combo!
The only Marshalls that are worth it within your price range are the DSL401 combo.. which is great but you won't get that good of a metal tone out of it (unless you use a distortion pedal)

The other is the JCM900 which should suit you fine.. but the Peavey XXX really will suit you better!
Marshall Valvestate 8080

Best selling Marshall amp for a god damn reason. If you don't like it, you must be deaf . Loud as hell, can drown out a drummer on 2. (well, the amp I used can)
I've decided on the peavey triple XXX 40.. seems really worth it..

btw.. for future reference.. what would be the best amp, for my sound, as loud as possible.. with NO price limits be ?
.!,,! X.x !,,!.
Can't go wrong with a Mesa Rectifier (dual or triple)... a 5150... or a JCM 800 with a good OD
Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
CA Blade Electric
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Carlo Robelli Jumbo A/E

Fulltone Fulldrive2
EHX Small Clone
Buddha Wah
Ibanez AD9 Delay
Ibanez Vintage EQ

Crate V18-112
Peavey Vypyr 75