Okay, i need help - why else would i be posting?

I'm trying to keep a clean tone from distorting at a relatively high volume. I'm not thrashing the strings much, but i need to be able to strum naturally, without completely restraining the movement. Is there anything i can do to stop my amp distorting. I think it's meant to start crunching a bit at a certain volume, but not as much as it is. I have a 7 band EQ if that helps, I'm using an Ibanez Rg with the Infinity pickups in it. Please help me out here.
Banter Assassin. Every thread I touch dies.

Quote by Danno13
YDPBC > awesome.

Why Thank You.
Last edited by Y.D.P.B.C at Aug 2, 2006,
this makes little sense.

explain, type of amp, type of noise, if uve tried other guitar cables, or guitars with the amp.

edit: what amp
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Okay, sorry. I'll elaborate slightly more concisely. I have a marshall MG50. Yes, It's crap, I know, and I have been told enough times on these forums, I don't need told again.........

I'm using good cables, and have switched cables anyway, just to make sure. I've also tried other guitars through it.

The noise is : I set up a good clean tone on the amp, and it's fine on a low volume, but when i start to raise the volume, the signal distorts. Not VERY heavily, but too much for strumming open chords.

Again, help is appreciated, if you need to know anything more, just ask.

Quote by Danno13
YDPBC > awesome.

Why Thank You.
ok the reason its distorting is because it is a solid state the higher in volume a SS gets especially at low watts the more it distorts you not gonna be able to get a good loud clean tone out of that ampyour just gonna have to get a new amp
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Okay, cheers. And what would you recommend amp-wise? Don't say something stupid. The amount of people that say, "buy a triple rectifier man, they're the ****, it can't take too long to save for.........". Yes, it can take too long to save for, one of those might take several years for me to obtain.

Quote by Danno13
YDPBC > awesome.

Why Thank You.
OKay no prob what kind of music do you play
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
depends on what you are going to do with it. just practising, band thingy, gigs, ... ?
Quote by Pearson
Um. NIRVANA. I hope kurt dies. Oh wait, he killed himself already.
just so u know, i only added what i said, because when u first posted u had no info then edited in the paragraph.

but yeah, sounds like typical SS amp problem. u can try rolling back the guitar volume like said. it wont as dramatic a tone but it should get louder on the amp before breaking up.

u can lower ur guitar pickups, maybe try the neck vs the bridge. and u can lower ur eq.
but in the end u might not be happy until u upgrade.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by Y.D.P.B.C
Okay, cheers. And what would you recommend amp-wise? Don't say something stupid. The amount of people that say, "buy a triple rectifier man, they're the ****, it can't take too long to save for.........". Yes, it can take too long to save for, one of those might take several years for me to obtain.

marshall mg100 dfx
^oh man did u even read before posting.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Same thing happens with my MG15DFX. Great cleans until you turn the volume past 12 o'clock and it starts to distort. Unfortunately it's ugly cheap solid state distortion, and you can only turn your guitar's signal down so much. Thankfully I only use this amp for practice at home and it isn't a major problem.
Quote by r!pper
depends on what you are going to do with it. just practising, band thingy, gigs, ... ?

Gigging band. Band practices. Never home use, so doesn't matter if it's **** unless cranked. My amp stays in the drummers garage.

Quote by Danno13
YDPBC > awesome.

Why Thank You.
budget and music taste
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62