neck type GSA neck
body Basswood body
fret Medium frets
bridge SAT10 bridge
neck pu STD-S3 (S) neck pu
middle pu STD-S4 (S) mid pu
bridge pu STD-H2 (H) bridge pu

my problem is i dont know what kinda fretboard does my guitar have coz i feel like cleanning it. the fretboard is like showing grains already.. well i dont expose it to sunlight or anything but temperature here is like 17-28 degrees C and im not sure what to do to my guitar.. im kinda worried can someone help me with this.. can u tell me how to resolve the grains on my fretboard and tell me what kinda fretboard it has coz its completely different from other countries. coz others has agathis body mine has basswood and oh its made in china by the way.. thx
tilet lickin' gd
the guitar body is basswood. has nothing to do wt the fretboard. which can be cleaned with fretboard oil a couple of times a year and isnt a problem that its looking dry.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
and oh by the way thats not the real picture of my guitar i just googled it trying to find the actual guitar.. anyways what will i do coz i see some grains showing in the fretboard of mu guitar. i would likely use lemon oil but im not sure if its a rosewood fretboard thats why i need you guys to help me identify the fretboard.. coz im not really good at this stuff. and what kinda substance will i use so that i would remove or lessen the grains showing in the fretboard
tilet lickin' gd
u use fretboard oil. thats really it.
what model is it?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

its a ibanez GSA60BS..... can u be specific on the fretboard oil? and can i buy those stuff in hardware shop? and how will i apply the oil to the fretboard to remove the grains that shows
tilet lickin' gd
It's a GSA60 with a weird finish that I haven't seen before. And yes, it has a rosewood fretboard.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
well its rosewood.
so any music shop or online music store will have cleaning kits.

u can buy a fretboard cleaner, or conditioner there.
mines dunlop brand, but all the brands are the same.
ill get a link for u.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/home/navigation?q=fret
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

anyway it does have a weird finish to it thats why i bought it.. anyway how will i apply the oil? and like how much will i put? im not playing stup1d... im just kinda really worried coz im new to electric guitar stuff.. my knowledge is purely on acoustic stuff
tilet lickin' gd
well, acoustics have necks too.

anyway, there are instructions on the bottle. but a couple times a year, u put a few drop on a rag and wipe it on the board.
then wipe it off.

scub with a soft tooth brush if it gets gunky.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

haha you're right acoustics have necks but i think electric guitars have different necks..anyway back to the topic..can i use the oil to polish the body? and how will i protect the back of the neck which is maple from lemon oil.. heard that it causes stains on maple
tilet lickin' gd
all finished parts get guitar polish.

again instructions are on the bottle. get a guitar cloth and polish ur guitar as often as u want.
ill post a link.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/home/navigation?q=guitar+polish
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

and oh.. can i put the strings back after i used lemon oil on the neck?? or how long will i wait for it to sit in there before i put the strings back..
tilet lickin' gd
wipe off the excess so it doesnt get all over ur fingers, but it wont hurt ur strings.

most of the time i leave the strings on when i wipe down a neck, because im too lazy to set up the guitar all over again.

no string tension lets the neck relax, sometimes ull get buzz after and ull have to adjust the neck.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

oh thanks a lot man.. that was a great help. anyway are you sure that its a rosewood fretboard
tilet lickin' gd
yeah, thats what a rosewood looks like, and after u gave me the model i looked it up.

the only time u wont use oil, is when uve got a finished maple board and maple has a pale yellow color.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

no problem.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62