Well Im planning to get a Epiphone Studio Dot for my birthday in white...atm I have a Fender Squier and Im quite a beginner...Im just asking if its a good guitar to buy? Because Im not too sure if its good or not :S

Dam, well I thought my mom says the price limit was 2000 lol so I was thinking of getting a Gibson Tom Delonge Sig...but it was 200 :P Anyway...erm...suggestions?
Epiphone dots I pretty good guitars, I see nothing wrong with it (Though somone else on here might), But anyway, Geezz Budget of $2000? Go nuts dude
depends on the type of music u play, i like the ibanez better in semi hollows, and whats ur budget?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Punkish and stuff like that...err does Blink 182 help?

I cant decide fro mthe Dot or Dot Studio...which ones better? Because the studio doesnt seem to have fret markers...and Im still a beginner :|

Id like to get a black or white guitar...the studio has both choices, I think the dot has only the black choice.
well, "studio" versions are plain cosmetically, cheaper but with similar quality.

i think its fine if u want an epi dot. but so u know they have a vintage, classic rock sound to them. im sure with the right amp u can play most music styles with them, but heavy stuff is a real stretched.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

wow
from 2000 to 200 thats like a completely WHOLE different spectrum of guitar quality
lol
Stuff:Prs billy martin se, squier strat, peavey valveking 212, boss:mt-2,md-2,sd-1,tr-2,oc-3,Mxrdynacomp,G2.1U multieffects pedal.
my band
www.myspace.com/inyerdreams
Quote by jj1565
well, "studio" versions are plain cosmetically, cheaper but with similar quality.

i think its fine if u want an epi dot. but so u know they have a vintage, classic rock sound to them. im sure with the right amp u can play most music styles with them, but heavy stuff is a real stretched.

Thanks...dam, I rlly need to try the guitars at a guitar shop soon but I dont have that much time to go out and stuff lately...thanks for the advice...as in similar quality. does it usually mean better? lol.
it usually means the same, but a little more plain looking.

they coined the term studio, because guys used to use the "ugly" guitars for studio work, and the standards / customs for stage.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Thanks...bah, Ill just do some paintwork on it =]

Anyway, I heard theres no fret markers!!...and Im still new!!-ish...Im gunna draw them on >=)
they sell stick on, fret markers.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Yay thanks =] Im still learning...actually, I still cant decide what guitar to get...the dot or studio...hmm.
I have the Epi Dot, not the studio, and I love it. It works for every style I play apart from high-gain metal (too much feedback). Puink, blues, rock, the works. Like some others have said I think the difference between mine and the studio is mostly cosmetic, although it has only 1 volume / 1 tone pot rather than 2 of each so it might not be as versatile tone-wise. Go to a shop, try both - it's the only way to know for sure.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
Quote by Tomamo5
Thanks...bah, Ill just do some paintwork on it =]

Anyway, I heard theres no fret markers!!...and Im still new!!-ish...Im gunna draw them on >=)

THere are fret markers on the side of the neck. When you get the guitar, you'll soon realise you use the side ones more than the ones on the fretboard itself
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
yep. though you can get a few illuminous fret markers (Alexi Laiho sig has them). and what amp do you use ts?
old thread.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

ok heres what i would do with 2000

1500=amp and effects
500=better than decent guitar

im talking in great british pounds not dollars, although everything in america is about half the price
For Punkish type of stuff try an ESP Jeff Hanneman, I think those are pretty nice for punk
Don't listian to eric. Get whatever you want for punk. The dot would be killer, make you sound very original. Punk is about having the balls to do whatever you want, and not give a ****. Punk is about attuide in music, so play what ever you want, just play with heart and balls.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
That's why I put the winking sign next to it, I was kidding, I think that maybe an American Fender HSS Strat might be good for punk..or try somehting from a Custom Shop somwwhere..or go to a luthier and tell him to build one for ya.