Not quite my style, but you did a good job with it, seems a little messy, all the instruments together, but that could be fixed with mixing.

Good job all around.
Where has the time gone?
I agree with TheLastStory!

Also, the song reminds me of a song which is currently in a tv commercial here in Holland, but I can't bring the name up! If I remind it, I'll get back to you
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
generally good, but it does seem a little messy, like the instruments all blend together in the bad way so it all washes over you. everything else was good, but its not my kind of music. good job

thanks for your crit.
From this song and your avatar/username you're a huge beatles fan. This sounded just like a new beatles song or something. I thought it was real good, sounds a little messy, but it's still well done. I really liked the harmonica, very nice touch. Keep making music man, ur onto a breakthrough.
Run!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Simply, the world was too small for a man of his ambition.
Quote by ifeastonbums
GuitarSymphony you are my hero!
Very Beatles-esque. I loved it. Very catchy stuff.
30w crate
Epi sg
Fretless yamaha pacifica

Being poor rules.
opening chords sound almost exactly like 'Do you realize' by the flaming lips, love 12 strings though. Pretty solid, but it still needs some cleaning up. I liked it.
Take Jesus not drugs.
Any ideas or suggestions on how to clean the track up? I'm not too good at mixing stuff.
I'm gonna re-record the vocals also, they suck penii.

PS: A lot of people say my music sounds beatlesque (I love The Beatles) - I was just wondering which part of it exactly. It is the vocals? The melody? The chord changes? The organ thing?
Last edited by Lemmon at Aug 6, 2006,
Quote by Lemmon
Any ideas or suggestions on how to clean the track up? I'm not too good at mixing stuff.
I'm gonna re-record the vocals also, they suck penii.

PS: A lot of people say my music sounds beatlesque (I love The Beatles) - I was just wondering which part of it exactly. It is the vocals? The melody? The chord changes? The organ thing?

Well, if your vocals didn't sound almost exactly like the Beatles then yea. That was the biggest part of it.
Run!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Simply, the world was too small for a man of his ambition.
Quote by ifeastonbums
GuitarSymphony you are my hero!
You always know how to hit the Beatles. Sounds really good. I can't really add more than that, except that it sounds good now and I don't know how it sounded before.

My song
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6419057#post6419057
Last edited by fleaflicker182 at Aug 7, 2006,
Hm.. the opening chords sound almost exactly like "do you realize?" by the flaming lips, but that's alright, it's a great song. Bonus points for that actually. Ok it's insanely catchy, well-played, but the recording is lacking a bit. The lyrics sounded hysterical, unfortunately I could only make out 2 or 3 lines of the whole song. Heavy accent coupled with weird reverb, probably. Either way, keep it up, I've listened to a bunch of your songs and they all have value far beyond the comedy in them.
[SIZE=
I liked it. I loved the harmonica as well. The bass is a little repetitive with the general eighth note route note thing, but that's okay. If it had more of a Paul bassline it would be even more like the beatles. The chorus isn't really like the beatles, though, but the rest is. I like the chorus and ending a lot, though with the fade out thing. I enjoyed this song a lot, though and it was very catchy with good melodies and vocals. You do remind me of John Lennon - Especially with your acoustic playing and vocals. I also listened to being gay is no no and it sounds exactly like Lennon (well not the lyrics), but the guitar and melody. Have you heard John's acoustic album live? It reminds me of that a lot. With the slightly out of tune guitar and nice melodies. It really works. good job. Mind critting mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=522091