im changing out the pickups on my jackson rr. it has low output pickups so i'm putting in jackson pickups from another guitar i have. the problem is, the new pickups (they're not new) has two wires (the hot ones im assuming) and a bunch of strands (the ground im assuming). The pickup wires inside the guitar have 4 insulated wires (hopefully the hot) and a bunch of strands. how would i attach the pickups to the guitar wires?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Look up a diagram on the seymour duncan website
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio
London City Comet MK1
London City Spitfire II (Modded)
Squire Tele Custom (Modded)

Peavey Classic 30
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Line 6 Echo Park Delay
Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
tried, couldn't figure it out. im a noob
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
Those "strands" are called wires. There just bare wires.

Here is how it works. The bare wire is the case ground for the pickup. To reduce hum a bit. The insulated wires are the wires going to the coil in the pickups. As in one of em is "ground" and the other is "hot". It doesn't really matter what one you pick is ground and hot in two wire pickups, unless the pickups are close to eachother.

4 conducter pickups are a bit diferent. There are 2 coils in a humbucker. So there are two "grounds" and two "hots" you can choose what one is ground and what one is hot. Though I wouldn't recommend it unless you know what you are doing. You can really mess with the sound of your guitar. XD

What model is your pickup. We'll help ya out!
i don't know what model they are, the guitar is a jackson rr, the pickups are off a jackson kelly preformer.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

THE PIT
does anybody know how to take out the metal pieces that the fixed bridge screws into? the string-through metal holes?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

THE PIT