Page 1 of 2
i don't know if this would be in the right thread, but i watched a video of synyster gates doing a solo, and if you look closely at the top of the neck at the headstock there is something like a clothe there. anyone know what it is?? check it out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9en-HxX0IMU
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez GSA60
Ibanez RG320FM
Jackson JS30

Amps:
Marshall MG Stack
Line 6 Flextone II

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
I actually think it's a regular wristband. He wrapped it around the strings behind the nut to dampen his sound and not allow open strings that he may hit by accident while tapping and shredding to ring out as much. Notice he takes it off afterwards to nail that final sustained chord, if he kept it on the chord would have died in a few seconds.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
Last edited by rockxwl at Aug 2, 2006,
thats what i thought. i wasn't sure though. maybe to clean up the sounds of the other strings ringing.
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez GSA60
Ibanez RG320FM
Jackson JS30

Amps:
Marshall MG Stack
Line 6 Flextone II

(\__/)
He uses two dampeners: One on his wrist, another on his guitar's neck. Dampeners get rid of unwanted ringing from other strings if you play sloppily. The funny thing is, "Synyster Gates" plays with two and still messes up.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
i agree with rockxwl, but its probly there so if he mi****s a string it doesnt sound.
Current playing with:
Cort x-6 -->Laney HCM65R

On Zakk Wylde's guitar.
Quote by anaoshak
look at all those knobs, he must have a mean tone.

Quote by Joey Walker
Bottle caps buddy, they are bottle caps
do you think anyone would be able to tell me the tabs for the video ( at least the cleaned up parts)???
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez GSA60
Ibanez RG320FM
Jackson JS30

Amps:
Marshall MG Stack
Line 6 Flextone II

(\__/)
chromatics are cool, but he overuses them
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez GSA60
Ibanez RG320FM
Jackson JS30

Amps:
Marshall MG Stack
Line 6 Flextone II

(\__/)
Quote by guitarhero5t
do you think anyone would be able to tell me the tabs for the video ( at least the cleaned up parts)???

I'm not really sure why you want to learn that. I'm not one to tell people what they should and shouldn't listen to, but that "solo" is awful. It just incorporates a small bit of tremelo and alternate picking some uncreative runs and then a few out-of-tune dives.

Here, you should think about learning this:

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-4163820284644745223&q=mr+big

Quote by randyrhoads#1
Its basically cheating if you ask me you dont see dimebag with a wrist band!!!

Agreed. Only people who have something to prove without the adequate skills use dampeners.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
god damn i like that
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez GSA60
Ibanez RG320FM
Jackson JS30

Amps:
Marshall MG Stack
Line 6 Flextone II

(\__/)
i like how it's clean, very friggen clean. i still like syn's style though
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez GSA60
Ibanez RG320FM
Jackson JS30

Amps:
Marshall MG Stack
Line 6 Flextone II

(\__/)
im gonna go do that with one of my drills right now
ESP LTD M-400
VOX AD50VT
BOSS MT-2
VOX Wah

Coming Soon:
Genz-Benz El Diablo 60-C
DUDE he sucks. I dont know why the kids are cheering him on...he messed up so damn much! Then again its all 13 year old girls in the front so they dont know the difference.

That sounded like a n00b trying to learn that solo...not a "pro" trying to perform it.
yeah seriously, you may thing avenged sevenfold is like...the most complicated stuff to play...but really, it's not
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
oh no not this video again, A7xowns anybody?

but yeah he uses them to dampen
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
yea
im a HUGE fan of synyster
adn like 8 months ago when i wasnt into shredding
i thought that was awesome
its really not though
he repeats a lot of stuff
i love a7x though, their songs in their solos are better, lol.
Stuff:Prs billy martin se, squier strat, peavey valveking 212, boss:mt-2,md-2,sd-1,tr-2,oc-3,Mxrdynacomp,G2.1U multieffects pedal.
my band
www.myspace.com/inyerdreams
their solos suck...they're all trying to be metal shredders but they fail hideously...
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
jeez i didnt mean to start such controversy..................................
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez GSA60
Ibanez RG320FM
Jackson JS30

Amps:
Marshall MG Stack
Line 6 Flextone II

(\__/)
their solos suck...they're all trying to be metal shredders but they fail hideously...

People like you need to shut the fuck up and get a life...they must be doing something right huh? They are making cash for doing what they love. Go play your fucking guitar and quit bashing on bands when you probably arent even half as good as them.
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
Quote by ibanez_rocker
they must be doing something right huh?

Anyone can have a target audience that consists of middle school girls and half gothed out teens that love Hot Topic way too much. I guess they just do it better than everyone else.
yeah i was just gonna say what he ^^ said...seriously...if i played emo music, i'd be waaay popular...or if i played "hardcore" or any kind of "core" but i don't...because i have self-respect
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Quote by dimebag_love
yeah i was just gonna say what he ^^ said...seriously...if i played emo music, i'd be waaay popular...or if i played "hardcore" or any kind of "core" but i don't...because i have self-respect

lmao!!
Lets see...I'm more of a jock, and I'm 17 and dress nothing like a goth and havent ever been in Hot Topic. Oh yeah, I don't know any middle school girls that even like rock with the exception of a few punks. Wake up, middle school-high school is alla bout rap now.
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
wow wow wow

stereotypes-majorly stupid...

and yes, there are a looot of people who listen to rap

but about 95% of the people who call themselves "rockers" listen to emo music or some kind of core

so yeeah, get your facts straight
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
^^ Ok, where did you get your facts, smartass
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
because i'm in high school and talk to a lot of kids in middle school...dumbass
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
that means nothing, you must be completely ****ing retarded...you know your school/friends arent the only people who exist
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
who said anything about them being my friends?? MY friends are the ones who like real metal...
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
ok, then whoever the **** you talk to...
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
it's not just who i talk to

i see waaay too many people walking around school in avenged sevenfold, killswitch engage and HIM shirts...

but whatever...it doesn't matter what those people think because of the bands they listen to
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Im so glad I graduated...
[edit] to both of you...once you get out of high school everything changes. And the real world hits hard.
i don't really pay attention to dimebag love, he's like a noob troll

and for a guy whose been to school for guitar, syn sucks ass imo
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
Quote by ibanez_rocker
ok, then whoever the **** you talk to...

S.A.D.L.I.T.T.L.E.M.A.N.N.O.W.F.U.C.K.O.F.F.
Most middle school girls (that I know of) don't like shredders, wannabes or not.

Quote by dimebag_love
if i played emo music, i'd be waaay popular...

How about you tell us what real emo is.
dont even bother with Dimebag_Love. this is the guy who liked an MG and thought the JCM800 was a piece of ****.

if n00b was in the dictionary, his picture would be right next to it.
Founder of the Cas is God Club. PM me to Join.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
it's times like this I wish I had a sharp pointy stick, or an army of flying meerkats

^ Im his favorite 2006er.

Quote by IamIronMan88
i like buttsecks...
Last edited by Rancid_Misfits at Aug 3, 2006,
All in all, it's good that people start with basic guys like A7X, because they discover better and more talented metal bands. I got into Iron Maiden through A7X

Member Q-Tron of the EHX Users Guild
Last edited by rhymeswith suck at Aug 3, 2006,
You guys shouldn't be flaming, I got banned for doing the same thing.

and btw, in most semi-populated areas.. a7x are absolutely positively the biggest 'pop' band around right now. every 14 y/o little girl listens to them.

As said before, they're just wrist bands, some people use hair ties (for their ponytails, the large ones) socks, towels, etc. People use them to mute the strings when playing. When he uses it it is meant to be pulled up onto the fretboard, btw, not around the headstock. Its to cover up ringing strings from sloppy playing.

*reported*
Micheal Angelo Batio has some contraption thats like 80 bucks and its the same thing as a wristband.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
Page 1 of 2