I want to customize my guitar cuz it looks asbad as it sounds. i got a squier strat which is red and white. i also wanted to change the pickup. i play almost all styles xcept heavy metal. any suggestions along with approx price will be appreciated
Well, you might take this into the Guitar Building and Customizing Forum.

Well, anywhere from $50 to $150 or more for the pickups. Depends what you want in there. Paint job won't cost you too much. Just takes a lot of time.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Quote by murt112
what about the pickup

Well, I was kinda asking you. What pickups do you want?
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

a squier strat isnt worth customizing. i would put that money into buying a fender strat instead. theres no point in spending a couple hundred on customizing a guitar that costs like $150. just buy like a fender standard strat and you wont need to customize it. i would seriously reconsider before customizing a squier. you will regret it down the road.
MusicMan Stingray 4 HH
Modded Fender MIM J-Bass
Fender American Deluxe Ash Strat
Ibanez limited edition walnut EW acoustic #202/250
Fender Bassman 250 2x10 combo
Vox AD50VT
seymour duncan or dimarzio
but which one and iwas sayin that the squier looks bad and i want to make it look better but i may reconsider customizing it
If I was going to customize my "first" guitar, I'd want it to be a Squier. They ain't as bad as some people think, at least not the ones made from real wood. A good fret-dressing, neck adjustments, new pick-ups to suit your style, and a set-up that feels comfortable and you will have a decent instrument.
which squier model? how much you willing to spend? pickup config? what amp do you use?

and i highly doubt you play every music style there is so be more precise