I was lookin for a new pickup for my squier strat. but being the dodo that i am im not sure what to buy.i mostly play rock punk and funk.i am also a little tight on the budget.
Seymour Duncan and Dimarzio both make great replacement pickups. Dimarzio is a little cheaper than SD, and if you're really strapped for cash, a quick look on Ebay can save you a ton. I got 2 PAF Pro's on ebay for the price of one.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
if i were u i would wait until i bought a new guitar before i put on new pickups. Nothing against squiers but they are just a beginner guitar and thats all thats to it. If you are planning on getting a better guitar in the next year i wouldnt get new pickups.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
where are you in the world? that affects price most.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by justin_fraser
if i were u i would wait until i bought a new guitar before i put on new pickups. Nothing against squiers but they are just a beginner guitar and thats all thats to it. If you are planning on getting a better guitar in the next year i wouldnt get new pickups.

whie thats true, remmeber you can always take the good pickups out of the squire and put them in another guitar if you so choose. Lately if been a big fan of lace sensors for single coils so you may want to look into those.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
^ true. only thing is, you kind of have to make sure the new guitar has the same pickup configuration, so they fit, and also is made of a wood which complements the pickups (so you're probably narrowing down your choice of new guitar). But yeah, I agree. It's up to murt, basically.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?